After 52 hours spent researching the best beach umbrella anchors, we think Commercial Grade Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor is the best for most people.
This choice is based on several criteria: material, color, design, screw tiers, wind capacity, height, width, pole diameter, adjustable, sturdy, light weight, versatile, portable, rust proof, and weight, among other things.
|Product||Price||Overall Rating||Quality||Durability||Appearance||Maintenance||Value for Money||material||color||design||screw tiers||wind capacity||height||width||pole diameter||adjustable||sturdy||light weight||versatile||portable||rust proof||weight|
|Commercial Grade Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor||Check Price||4.9||5.0||5.0||5.0||4.5||5.0||Steel, plastic||Blue, orange, red, white, yellow||Screw||2 tiers||Up to 30 mph||31 in||15 in||Up to 1.5 in||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||3 lbs|
|Safe Universal Fit Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor||Check Price||4.8||5.0||4.5||4.5||5.0||5.0||Plastic||White||Screw||3 tiers||Up to 35 mph||15 in||9.5 in||Up to 1.4 in||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||0.63 lbs|
|Adjustable Foldable Beach Umbrella Anchor||Check Price||4.6||5.0||4.5||4.0||4.5||5.0||Steel||White||4 legs||Not applicable||Up to 20 mph||12 in||33 in||Up to 1.44 in||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||3.3 lbs|
|Universal Sand Set Beach Umbrella Anchor||Check Price||4.4||5.0||4.5||4.0||4.0||4.5||Plastic||Green, red||Screw||2 tiers||Up to 50 mph||11.8 in||6.5 in||Up to 1.4 in||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||0.21 lbs|
|Heavy Duty Metal Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor||Check Price||4.6||5.0||5.0||4.5||4.0||4.5||Steel||White||Spring screw||3 tiers||Up to 60mph||14.4 in||8.5 in||Up to 1.26 in||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||1.3 lbs|
- 1 Selection Of The Best Beach Umbrella Anchors
- 2 Best Beach Umbrella Anchor Buying Guide
- 2.1 Sandbag Anchors
- 2.2 Screw-In Models
- 2.3 Stand-Style Options
- 2.4 Anchor Alternatives
- 2.5 Multi-Umbrella Anchors
- 2.6 Size of Umbrella Shaft
- 2.7 Foldable or Not Foldable?
- 2.8 Portability
- 2.9 Material of the Anchor
- 2.10 Ease of Use
- 2.11 Adjusting Mechanism
- 2.12 Ability to Angle Umbrella
- 2.13 Handles
- 2.14 Wind Rating
- 2.15 Warranty
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1 Will I always need to dig when installing an umbrella sand anchor?
- 3.2 Can I use an anchor made for beach umbrellas in my yard?
- 3.3 What sorts of tools do I need to use an anchor?
- 3.4 Is using an anchor absolutely necessary?
- 3.5 Is it safe to just use the anchor that was included with my beach umbrella?
- 4 Sources
Your day at the beach gets even better with the help of the best beach umbrella anchor. Having a good umbrella is helpful, but not if it’s always blowing across the sand!
Great anchors will hold your umbrella in place all day while you get to enjoy your fun by the water.
Getting ready for a day at the beach is a ton of fun! But, preparing for your day is more than just tossing flip flops and a beach towel or beach mat into your beach bag – you need to make sure that you’re really ready to enjoy your day!
Sun protection is essential. You want a sun hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. And, you can’t forget your beach umbrella or beach tent so that your family can get some relief from the sun throughout the day.
But, that’s where it can get tricky. How do you keep your umbrella or tent in place? Sure, you could use your beach chair, or set your beach table up in a way that holds it up. But, you’re much better off having the best beach umbrella anchor to hold it in place.
Selection Of The Best Beach Umbrella Anchors
Here are the best beach umbrella anchors for most people according to Outlinist:
If you’re getting ready to spend some at the beach or the park, one thing you don’t want to have to worry about is finding shade.
How convenient would it be to pick a spot and be able to relax without the sun beating down on you every minute that you’re there?
For ultimate convenience, a beach umbrella is used. Umbrellas shade you from the sun’s rays and keep the heat from getting the better of you.
However, an umbrella on its own will need something to keep it secure and steady otherwise, your shade could end up blowing away in the wind.
To keep everything in one place, a beach umbrella anchor is recommended. These tools are used to keep large beach umbrellas secure even in the strongest of winds.
There are no sharp points, saving your beach bag from trauma and wear and tear.
The Commercial Grade Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor by AugHog uses ultra-strong and lightweight materials to deliver a one-of-a-kind holder. The AugHog AugBrella anchor is commercial grade and designed to be used by hotels, resorts, and beach rental companies throughout the world.
The material is strong and used by the military, making this beach umbrella anchor reinforced like you’ve never seen before. The polycarbonate formula makes the anchor resistant to rusting, bending, or any denting that may occur from impacts.
The 31″ long shaft and two-tier auger locks it into the softest sand, and the stainless steel thumb screw at the top adjusts to keep your umbrella secure, making it the best beach umbrella sand anchor choice for windy areas.
|color||Blue, orange, red, white, yellow|
|screw tiers||2 tiers|
|wind capacity||Up to 30 mph|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.5 in|
There are no sharp points, saving your beach bag from trauma and wear and tear. It doesn’t use spikes to keep the anchor secure, as the length of the anchor does pretty well at that. The tip that screws into the ground is rounded off yet still capable of penetrating the sand with no trouble.
The AugBrella anchor fits umbrellas with a shaft of 1.5 inches or less, and comes in several colors to match the umbrella, or stand out in the sand so it’s not lost.
This sand anchor lasts for years, so you can use it at family gatherings, events, beach holidays, or just to relax in the backyard.
Along with being easier on beach bags, the elimination of sharp edges makes the AugBrella anchor a lot safer to use around children.
Quality is something you really want when choosing a beach anchor for your umbrella, otherwise things could end up flying. Each component of this AugBrella anchor was designed to keep your beach umbrella secure and make the user experience a breeze.
- Resistant to UV light and impacts: Resistance to sunlight is one of the keys to preserving the integrity of these anchors. The anchor is reinforced to maximize the resistance to impacts and minimize the harm that an impact would have if dropped on the floor or some other surface.
- Made of stainless steel to prevent rusting: Rust is one of the worst things that can happen to metal – it causes it to become more vulnerable to damage and can make materials less efficient. This sand screw anchor is made of materials that resist rusting to keep your anchor in good working order.
- Designed to outlast the competition: This design was made with a single purpose in mind – to give people a top quality sand screw anchor that will last for several years. It’s durable and reinforced, so you won’t have to go out and replace your auger for a very long time.
- Setting up your umbrella and anchor is quick: The 16-inch-long handle allows you to quickly screw the anchor into sand without using much force. It only takes about a minute to get everything up and ready to go so you can begin your relaxing outing.
- No sharp edges or points: Along with being easier on beach bags, the elimination of sharp edges makes the AugBrella anchor a lot safer to use around children. They’re less likely to injure themselves if they happen to come in contact with it, though they should still be monitored at all times.
- Comes with a lifetime residential warranty: The lifetime residential warranty can be used for individuals that purchase the beach umbrella anchor for personal use rather than commercial use. Per the warranty, the company will fix your anchor if it ever breaks no matter how long ago you purchased it.
Because each individual has different needs, not every sand anchor can please everyone. This commercial beach umbrella auger bit has plenty of characteristics to look forward to and very few to complain about. But it does have a few aspects that you may not find to be ideal.
- Not ideal for hard soils: This anchor was specifically designed for use in sand and loose soil. If you plan on being in an area with lots of rocks or harder soil, like clay, you may not find this beach umbrella anchor ideal and will have trouble securing it.
- Not as portable as other options: Because of how tall this auger is, 31 inches, it may be a bit of a challenge to fit into smaller bags. It doesn’t come with a carrying case of its own, so you’ll have to make do with what you have and get a bit creative with carrying it around.
- Remove from sand to adjust tilt: Because the AugBrella uses steel fasteners at the top and bottom of the anchor, tilting isn’t an option. However, you can remove the anchor from the sand easily and situate it with the ideal tilt. This can be an extra step to the process, but it’s not a deal breaker.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|color||Blue, orange, red, white, yellow||White||White|
|screw tiers||2 tiers||3 tiers||Not applicable|
|wind capacity||Up to 30 mph||Up to 35 mph||Up to 20 mph|
|height||31 in||15 in||12 in|
|width||15 in||9.5 in||33 in|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.5 in||Up to 1.4 in||Up to 1.44 in|
|weight||3 lbs||0.63 lbs||3.3 lbs|
It’s designed to easily screw in to sand or loose soil, and is available in several fun colors to personalize your choice.
This Commercial Grade Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor from AugHog is in a league of its own. It uses material that was designed for use by the military to accomplish the task of holding your umbrella securely in place. It is impact resistant and strong while remaining lightweight and keeping wear and tear on carrying bags to a minimum.
It’s designed to easily screw in to sand or loose soil, and is available in several fun colors to personalize your choice. When it comes to beach umbrella anchors for sand, the AugHog AugBrella brings everything to the table and more.
If you’re looking for a beach umbrella holder for sand that will keep a large umbrella in place and not tumbling down the beach in the breeze, there is no better product to look at than the AugBrella.
A beach umbrella is the perfect accessory to enjoy your day in the sun without feeling like a baked potato.
However, there’s one small detail that many people forget when using an umbrella – the auger.
An auger, or a beach umbrella anchor, is a device used to keep your umbrella from being lifted by the wind and flying off.
Your beach umbrella may come with one, but this is likely not of good quality and could become broken or bent during use.
For this reason, it’s important to look for a good auger made from durable materials.
It’s made of super-strong ABS plastic, which isn’t susceptible to rust and can last for several years even when battered by salt water and moisture in the environment.
The Safe Universal Fit Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor by Beach Titan is a great fit for individuals that love to be outdoors. It’s an excellent beach umbrella sand auger that is capable of transforming your outdoor experience.
Not only is this Beach Titan sand anchor built to keep umbrellas secure and tight at the beach, it can also be used for other items and activities. You can use it to keep a hold on your pet’s leash while relaxing in the park or to keep a tent secure on the ground when camping. It could be used for even more, like holding flags in place or putting up a canopy.
Its versatility doesn’t end in its ability to keep various items secure – this anchor can also be used on virtually any umbrella. The holder is large enough to fit most any sized pole and the screw at the top can be adjusted as needed to keep the umbrella shaft securely in the anchor.
|screw tiers||3 tiers|
|wind capacity||Up to 35 mph|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.4 in|
The brand of your umbrella doesn’t matter, either – it fits even the most popular or obscure designs with no problem at all. Whether your umbrella is Coleman or Rio, it will fit inside this handy anchor and stay securely in its place.
Weighing just a little over 10 ounces and measuring 15 inches long, it’s easy to take with you anywhere. Don’t make a mistake by thinking this Beach Titan auger is a lightweight product though. Its 3 tiers of screw threads firmly hold the anchor in the sand.
Rusting is never a problem with this product. It’s made of super-strong ABS plastic, which isn’t susceptible to rust and can last for several years even when battered by salt water and moisture in the environment.
While some anchors require effort, even a sand auger drill bit, this one is easy to get ready for use.
This Beach Titan sand anchor is one of the tools that come highly recommended when going on any outing. While most beach umbrella sand auger devices are made of metal, this one uses plastic and still manages to be at the top of the bunch.
- Can be used with all brands of umbrellas: There are very few umbrellas that won’t fit into this design. It can be used with several different brands, such as Nautica or Tommy Bahama with no problem. Even generic brands will be able to fit into this anchor with ease and security.
- Versatile use for various activities: A sand anchor is designed to hold your umbrella in place while you relax, but it can be so much more. The Beach Titan umbrella holder is multipurpose and can be used to secure tents while camping, poles while fishing, and can even be used to hold your pet’s leash.
- Ultra portable and lightweight: This is one of the most portable beach umbrella anchors that you’ll find. It can fit into any bag and, weighing less than a pound, it’s very easy to carry. It’s durable, so you don’t have to keep an eye on it while it’s put away to make sure it doesn’t break.
- No rusting occurs: Because this beach umbrella ground anchor is made from strong and durable ABS plastic, it doesn’t have any metal components that would become rusted. This makes it ideal for use at the beach or in moist areas where metal anchors would likely encounter issues after prolonged use.
- Getting it set up requires no effort: While some anchors require effort, even a sand auger drill bit, this one is easy to get ready for use. All you have to do is pick a spot and use the convenient 9.5-inch handle to twist the anchor securely into the ground.
- Can withstand 35 mph winds: This Beach Titan anchor has a 35 mph wind speed threshold, which is a pretty hefty breeze. With that amount of stability, you can relax without worrying that a gust will snatch your umbrella.
Lightweight and efficient, this Beach Titan anchor lives up to its name as it fits almost any product in the universe of beach umbrellas. As much as there is to like about this anchor, there are some shortfalls to factor in to your buying decision.
- Not as durable as metal: Although the material used to design this beach umbrella anchor, ABS plastic, is heavy duty and durable, it isn’t as strong as metal. Plastic can break when it meets too much resistance, so be careful on a rocky beach or hard-packed ground.
- The handles can be tough to grasp: The handles on this anchor are solid and smooth ABS plastic. While some grooves or texture would be expected, it lacks those. This can make it difficult to screw in or out with wet or slick hands, which are expected for an item meant for use at the beach.
- The fastening screw is plastic: The entire anchor is made of ABS plastic, including the fastening screw. The screw could become worn down over time and may slip depending on the material of your umbrella shaft or the weather conditions. Watch for signs of wear and tear to the screw and you should be fine.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|color||White||Blue, orange, red, white, yellow||White|
|screw tiers||3 tiers||2 tiers||Not applicable|
|wind capacity||Up to 35 mph||Up to 30 mph||Up to 20 mph|
|height||15 in||31 in||12 in|
|width||9.5 in||15 in||33 in|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.4 in||Up to 1.5 in||Up to 1.44 in|
|weight||0.63 lbs||3 lbs||3.3 lbs|
This auger was made to be used in a family setting and doesn’t have any sharp points or edges.
If you’re considering your options for a sand auger for a beach umbrella, the Safe Universal Fit Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor by Beach Titan is a great option. It’s lightweight and easy to keep with you wherever you happen to venture.
This auger was made to be used in a family setting and doesn’t have any sharp points or edges. It is also made using safe plastic materials, so there’s no chance of rust or corrosion from salty sea air.
Because the Beach Titan is made of strong ABS plastic, it’s highly durable and with its 35 mph wind capacity you’ll be sitting pretty while everyone else’s umbrella is blowing down the beach.
If you’re not yet aware of the danger that beach umbrellas can cause, you should be.
The alarming rise in incidents of wind-driven umbrella poles causing serious injuries is raising awareness of the importance of using a beach umbrella anchor.
Sand augers for beach umbrellas screw deep into the sand and can securely hold umbrellas even in strong winds.
But what can you use to secure a large shade umbrella when you can’t screw an anchor into the ground?
Well, there are anchors that do as good of a job on the backyard patio as they do on the beach.
This beach umbrella anchor is metal; more specifically, high quality tempered iron.
With the Adjustable Foldable Beach Umbrella Anchor by Milimoli, you can escape from the sun anywhere you go. Its four legs fold out to sit on any flat surface instead of being screwed into the ground like sand auger umbrella bases, so it works as well on hard surfaces as it does at the beach.
Similar to beach umbrellas with a tripod stand, the Milimoli anchor uses a four-legged design to provide even more stability than a tripod. The hole in the center of the base can be adjusted to fit poles up 1.45 inches in diameter, which covers most umbrella shaft sizes.
The Milimoli also comes with an ingenious black plastic filler that fits over the hole to reduce the size in order to secure poles with smaller diameters.
|screw tiers||Not applicable|
|wind capacity||Up to 20 mph|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.44 in|
The four legs easily fold up and given that it weighs only a little more than 3 pounds, this anchor is very portable. Plus, because it sits flat on the ground, it’s great for events of all kinds including outdoor concerts, kids soccer games and weekend football tailgate parties. You can even use it to decorate, such as draping a canopy over an area in the yard for guests.
This beach umbrella anchor is metal; more specifically, high quality tempered iron. The dimensions of the anchor when set up are 33 inches by 11 inches and it folds up to be about half that size (15.7 inches by 5.2 inches).
Milimoli also provides a customer satisfaction guarantee that allows you to either get your item refunded or replaced within 15 days of receipt. If you opt to get a brand new replacement anchor, you will also receive a 30-day warranty.
The center hole for the umbrella shaft is adjustable to accommodate any pole with a diameter of 1.45 inches or less.
There’s a lot to be said about a good umbrella anchor – they’re durable, strong, functional, lightweight, and work well with almost any umbrella you may have. The Milimoli has all of these qualifications and more, making it one of the top choices.
- Highly portable design: The design of this anchor was done with portability in mind. It’s extremely easy to just pack up and get going and it doesn’t take up much room. It will fit easily in any beach tote.
- Uses four legs for balance and stability: The Milimoli sand anchor is designed with four extended legs rather than just the three used in tripod models. This increases stability and provides better balance so the umbrella is less likely to topple over.
- Not limited to the beach: Versatility is the name of the game with this umbrella anchor. Because it sits on top of the ground, you can use it to hold an umbrella on any surface. Set it up on the patio for shade by the pool or on the pavement at a tailgate party before the big game. Of course, it works well at the beach too!
- The hole in the center can be adjusted: The center hole for the umbrella shaft is adjustable to accommodate any pole with a diameter of 1.45 inches or less. Generally, only the tallest umbrellas (over 9 feet) will have a shaft larger than 1.45 inches, so your umbrella should fit.
- Durable for long lasting use: The Milimoli beach umbrella anchor is made of tempered iron to ensure durability. This iron resists rust and will last much longer than other anchors constructed using steel or plastic.
- Comes with a satisfaction guarantee: The Milimoli comes with a 15-day satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied with this outdoor umbrella stand, you can either get your money back or get a replacement that comes with a full 30-day warranty.
When it comes to flexibility, portability and durability, this Milimoli anchor won’t leave you disappointed. But there are some drawbacks to the design that should be considered before making that final buy-it-now decision.
- You might need to weigh it down: This is an umbrella stand, not an auger that screws into the sand. For anything other than a light breeze, you’ll want to place weights over the legs to keep it from tipping over or flying off in a gust.
- May not do well on uneven surfaces: The Milimoli sits flat on the ground, so there’s not much room for bumps and lumps. When placing it, you’ll want to make sure that the surface is as level as possible to avoid potential accidents.
- Problematic for screw umbrellas: While the stand adjusts to accommodate most standard-sized beach umbrellas, if you have an umbrella that has a screw at the end of the shaft, it may not fit. The diameter of the screw is often too large and most can’t be removed easily from the pole.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|color||White||Blue, orange, red, white, yellow||White|
|screw tiers||Not applicable||2 tiers||3 tiers|
|wind capacity||Up to 20 mph||Up to 30 mph||Up to 35 mph|
|height||12 in||31 in||15 in|
|width||33 in||15 in||9.5 in|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.44 in||Up to 1.5 in||Up to 1.4 in|
|weight||3.3 lbs||3 lbs||0.63 lbs|
Its four legs fold out to sit on the ground, so it can be used on paved surfaces or hard-packed ground not just in soft sand.
The Adjustable Foldable Beach Umbrella Anchor by Milimoli is a great fit for those that want the flexibility to use their beach umbrella at places other than the beach.
Its four legs fold out to sit on the ground, so it can be used on paved surfaces or hard-packed ground not just in soft sand. Made of rust-resistant iron, it’s durable and because it folds up, portability is no issue at all. You will want to weigh down the legs on windy days, though.
Why limit your beach umbrella to the beach? With this versatile and sturdy beach umbrella anchor, you can bring the shade relief you want to any event.
When heading for the outdoors, it’s important to protect yourself from all of the elements.
The sun is included in the list of harmful outdoor factors, making a beach umbrella something you should consider packing.
When you have an umbrella, another thing you’ll need is a beach umbrella anchor. The anchor keeps your umbrella in place and prevents the wind from carrying it off.
You can find a high-quality anchor that matches your preferences easily – there’s many to choose from. But some features are more important to consider than others.
You should look for one that is wind, rust, and impact resistant as well as portable and lightweight.
This Wejoy beach umbrella anchor screw can tolerate maximum wind speeds of up to 50 mph, which is pretty impressive especially when you consider the fact that this anchor is made from plastic.
The Universal Sand Set Beach Umbrella Anchor by Wejoy can be used with many different umbrella sizes, thanks to the universal base. This allows you to use any of your current umbrellas and switch them easily to meet your needs.
If you have a collection of umbrellas for different environments, you could likely test every single one of them and achieve a perfect fit.
It’s made of polypropylene, which can be bent and flexed without losing its shape. You won’t have to worry about it breaking if you happen to drop it a few times – it can handle impacts like a commercial grade auger.
|screw tiers||2 tiers|
|wind capacity||Up to 50 mph|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.4 in|
This Wejoy beach umbrella anchor screw can tolerate maximum wind speeds of up to 50 mph, which is pretty impressive especially when you consider the fact that this anchor is made from plastic. Typically, even the best beach umbrella for wind made with plastic will withstand winds only up to 40 mph. The Wejoy umbrella anchor surpasses that number, keeping up with metal augers.
This umbrella anchor is also rust proof, so there’s no need to worry about losing functionality in salty and moist environments. It’s great for any place that needs a bit more shade.
It even comes with a hanging hook that can be used to keep your belongings safe and free of sand and dirt during your outing. This anchor is a good addition for anyone that likes to enjoy the beach with minimal sand being carried home.
You may also find that it is much more difficult to damage than anchors that use ABS plastic.
The advantages of this Wejoy anchor are many. It transforms almost any umbrella into the best beach umbrella for wind, it’s durable, it’s easy to use, and it’s adjustable. The good things keep coming with this anchor.
- Comes in several fun colors: A lot of anchors are only available in one color – white. To mix it up, the Wejoy comes in a few different colors to make your anchor stand out a bit more. The hanging hook is also colorful, so you can add some style to your umbrella as well.
- No tools or drills are needed for installation: You won’t need to get the toolkit out to place this sand auger for the beach umbrella in the ground. The screw auger has two tiers which allow maximum depth into the ground, keeping the anchor secure and eliminating the risk of tilting.
- The maximum wind speed threshold is 50 mph: Most plastic augers have a lower threshold when it comes to wind speed. The Wejoy is made using high quality polypropylene, enabling it to withstand 50 mph winds with no problem and no sacrifices to the durability or the function.
- Uses rustproof plastic: Polypropylene isn’t used much when it comes to sand anchors, though it probably should be. The durable plastic does not rust, so you can get years of use out of it. You may also find that it is much more difficult to damage than anchors that use ABS plastic.
- A universal base to fit most beach umbrellas: The most important thing about a beach umbrella anchor is its ability to function when using it for the umbrellas you use on a regular basis. This anchor uses a universal base that is compatible to almost any beach umbrella you can think of.
- A hanging hook is included: As the cherry on top, the hanging hook is a great bonus. With the hook, you can keep towels, sunglasses, wallets, and other items away from the sand. This is the perfect add-on for long days at the beach or anywhere else you’ll use your umbrella.
There a lot of great features that come with this anchor. There are also some issues, mostly from the difference in function that occurs with polypropylene. The differences only minimally affect the usability of the anchor, but they should still be addressed.
- May bend when placing it: Bending is something that can happen when applying too much force on this anchor. Unlike a metal sand auger, which is rigid, the Wejoy umbrella sand anchor has a little flex that can make securing it a bit difficult in tougher soils or impacted sand.
- Avoid leaving in direct sunlight or high heat: The plastic used is durable, but it can change shape when left in direct sunlight or in high temperatures. Keep it in a cool place when you’re not using it to avoid warping. This can mean remembering to take it out of the car when you get home from a day of play.
- Could become torn or worn down: Another issue that can occur with the use of polypropylene is wear and tear. It’s easy for the plastic to begin showing marks and material may begin peeling or coming off after frequent use. Beware of dogs, children, and anything else that could sink their teeth into it – literally.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|color||Green, red||Blue, orange, red, white, yellow||White|
|screw tiers||2 tiers||2 tiers||3 tiers|
|wind capacity||Up to 50 mph||Up to 30 mph||Up to 35 mph|
|height||11.8 in||31 in||15 in|
|width||6.5 in||15 in||9.5 in|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.4 in||Up to 1.5 in||Up to 1.4 in|
|weight||0.21 lbs||3 lbs||0.63 lbs|
It comes with a hanging hook that allows you to hang items away from the sand as high as you need them on your umbrella.
The Universal Sand Set Beach Umbrella Anchor by Wejoy is a new spin on an old classic. This auger is made from unique materials that give it increased durability and portability without sacrificing wind speed tolerance or function.
It comes with a hanging hook that allows you to hang items away from the sand as high as you need them on your umbrella. It’s also portable, so you can pack it up and take it with on any and every adventure. No matter where you are, this portable beach umbrella anchor can be by your side.
When you consider all of the great qualities of this umbrella anchor, it could very well be considered the best beach umbrella anchor on the market.
When the sun is out, the day tends to feel several degrees hotter and comfort can seem fleeting.
This can lead to more time spent indoors, escaping the sun’s rays and relaxing inside the home with the air conditioner blasting.
Your days weren’t meant to be spent sitting inside the home, so don’t let the sun keep you from enjoying the outside world.
You can take shade with you wherever you go with a beach umbrella and an anchor to keep everything in its place.
Without a good beach umbrella anchor, though, you could find your shade flying away with the wind.
Even though it’s made from metal, it’s lightweight and easy to carry around.
The Heavy Duty Metal Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor by CXRCY was designed to be a long-lasting anchor for people that love the outdoors. It’s portable, durable, and can be used in various types of sand and soil.
Using this sand auger umbrella base is extremely easy from start to finish. There’s no need to use any tools to get it set up or in the ground. The screw goes into sand, soil, or grass with ease.
Its slim design makes getting ready for a day of fun in the sun quick, so you can keep your exposure to the sun’s powerful rays minimal and won’t have to sweat to get it into the ground securely.
|screw tiers||3 tiers|
|wind capacity||Up to 60mph|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.26 in|
It uses a thumbscrew mechanism to control tightening, keeping umbrellas in place even when the wind speed is high. With its three tiers of screw threads, this CXRCY anchor keeps your umbrella in its place in winds up to 60 mph, so you can enjoy your outing in the shade without having to hold your umbrella in place.
Even though it’s made from metal, it’s lightweight and easy to carry around. The CXRCY umbrella anchor is 14 inches long with handles that are 9 inches wide, so it easily fits in a beach bag or backpack.
It also resists corrosion, which is an excellent feature for such a heavy-duty beach umbrella holder. No matter what you need to take care of with this anchor, it can handle the job and keep your umbrella from shifting even the slightest amount.
This beach umbrella anchor can be installed using just your two hands and a little bit of elbow grease.
This anchor comes with several good qualities that make it more appealing and functional than other models. Some of the features that you can look forward to include a great fit and long-lasting durability. Let’s look at more features you’ll love from the CXRCY.
- Resistant to corrosion: Corrosion is something that can happen to metal in moist conditions. Luckily, this device is made from ultra-strong steel and reinforced with ABS plastic, so the risk of corrosion is completely eliminated and your beach umbrella sand anchor stays in the best condition for as long as possible.
- Fits most standard umbrellas: One of the issues that many individuals face when choosing an umbrella anchor is size. Some anchors are designed for specific umbrellas while others are more general in their measurements. The CXRCY fits almost any standard umbrella with a fastener that accommodates different brands, lengths, and widths.
- No tools are required for installation: Some anchors require the use of tools to get them securely into the ground, such as an earth auger drill bit or some other contraption. This beach umbrella anchor can be installed using just your two hands and a little bit of elbow grease.
- Heavy duty and lightweight: It’s reinforced using heavy duty ABS plastic that keeps it from succumbing to some of the issues that other anchors may develop, such as rusting or breaking during use. Along with ABS plastic is stainless steel, which makes the anchor more durable while keeping it lightweight.
- The design is ergonomic: The handles allow you to screw through sand, dirt, and even grass with ease and precision. No matter where you want to settle in with your beach umbrella, shade is just a minute or two away.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee: When getting this anchor, make sure you keep the receipt and proof of purchase. This metal beach umbrella older comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee – if you’re not satisfied with your experience, contact the company and they will assist you further with your order and make things right for you.
This anchor has many great qualities that won’t be outshined by the small issues that can be found with it. While none of these are complete deal breakers, they are things that you should consider when making your final decision.
- Some shaking in high winds: While your umbrella may not take off and reach for the skies, you could encounter some shaking if the winds get above a certain speed. This isn’t such a terrible thing, as many anchors can only handle about half the wind speed of this auger.
- The shaft doesn’t tilt: If you want something that tilts, you may be disappointed. The tilting factor of the CXRCY is lacking a bit, so you can’t get much in the angles department. However, you could try adjusting the tilt when placing it into the ground for a little bit of variation.
- May not be ideal for non-standard umbrella sizes: The slim design of this makes it necessary to take measurements before making any decisions. While it fits many standard beach umbrella sizes, it may not accommodate wider umbrellas as well. It’s recommended that you make sure the base is able to fit the pole size you will be using.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|color||White||Blue, orange, red, white, yellow||White|
|screw tiers||3 tiers||2 tiers||3 tiers|
|wind capacity||Up to 60mph||Up to 30 mph||Up to 35 mph|
|height||14.4 in||31 in||15 in|
|width||8.5 in||15 in||9.5 in|
|pole diameter||Up to 1.26 in||Up to 1.5 in||Up to 1.4 in|
|weight||1.3 lbs||3 lbs||0.63 lbs|
It’s an investment in outdoor adventures that allows you to gain supreme comfort and relaxation even on the hottest and windiest of days.
The Heavy Duty Metal Sand Beach Umbrella Anchor by CXRCY was designed to be a lasting solution to the problem of keeping beach umbrellas secure in windy conditions. It does its job well, keeping you shaded from the sun’s rays and comfortable in wind speeds up to 60 mph.
It’s strong and made from reinforced materials, so you can expect it to last for a long time. It’s an investment in outdoor adventures that allows you to gain supreme comfort and relaxation even on the hottest and windiest of days.
If you’re looking for something that would be a good fit for you and your lifestyle, this beach umbrella anchor is the place to start. It’s great for all kinds of terrain and you won’t have any fears of it breaking while in use.
Best Beach Umbrella Anchor Buying Guide
One style of anchor that you’ll find is the beach umbrella sand anchor bag. These bags are exactly what they sound like – you take them to the beach, put sand in them, and stick your umbrella in.
These have some major advantages because they’re really portable. You can dump the sand back out when you’re done, fold it up with your umbrella, and then it’ll be ready for another day at the beach later on.
A sand screw anchor is similar to a large corkscrew that has a hole in the top to hold the shaft of the umbrella. It has handles to use to twist it into the sand and threads that help to hold the anchor in the sand.
You may also hear this referred to as a “metal sand auger” due to all of the threads. Some people claim it acts more like a drill than a screw but, either way, they’re very strong and do a great job of holding your umbrella in place.
Some people opt to secure their beach umbrella with a tripod stand. While this type of holder is nice because it will also work on grass, it can be pretty rough if it’s a windy day at the beach.
If you do go with a stand-style anchor, it’s best to dig a hole to put it in, or to put a sandbag on top of the feet. That way, you have some extra weight to hold it in place.
Some people don’t want to bother with digging in the sand at all, and they would rather use the items that they’re bringing to the beach to hold their umbrellas.
You can find anchors and umbrella holders that you can attach to chairs and tables, but beware – if the chair or table gets caught by a gust of wind, the umbrella is going with it. It’s usually a better idea to go ahead and get one of the other styles discussed here.
If you’re someone that has a big family or that is going to the beach with a lot of friends, then you may be setting up multiple umbrellas. There are a handful of anchors available that can help with this.
Granted, you need to be careful with these, because the umbrellas will likely be at set angles and, if one falls over, the others could have some problems. So, be sure that it’s a secure anchor that can handle that much weight.
Size of Umbrella Shaft
The umbrella pole, or shaft, is going to vary in size depending on what material it’s made from and how heavy-duty it is. Sandbag options will usually fit any pole, but for screw-in or stand anchors, the shaft will have to fit snugly into the anchor so it’s rather crucial to get the sizing right.
Be sure that you know the diameter of your umbrella pole and compare that to the sizes mentioned in the product description.
Foldable or Not Foldable?
Some anchors are just one piece of plastic or metal, and you likely won’t be able to fold it into something smaller. Usually, folding these anchors (which are typically screw-style) would compromise the strength and the threads, and you need those to be as strong as possible so that your umbrella stays in place.
If you’re looking at something more like the tripod beach umbrella stand, then you may be able to find something that folds up. The sandbag style ones usually fold to a much smaller size as well.
We all know that you’re taking a bunch of stuff to the beach, so you don’t want your beach umbrella holder to be bulky or difficult to carry around with you. Portability is absolutely essential.
As mentioned above, the stand and sandbag models are usually foldable and very light-weight. Screw-in anchors don’t fold, but many come with their own bags. Pay attention to their weight though.
Material of the Anchor
What is your anchor made from? While you may think that you want plastic for screw-in or stand types, be sure that it’s made from heavy-duty plastic. Less durable plastic is likely to break as soon as it starts to meet a little resistance in the sand.
Most people prefer a metal beach umbrella anchor. They may be heavier than plastic, but they are much more durable and more effective when it comes to holding your umbrella in place, even in higher winds.
Ease of Use
You shouldn’t have to spend 45 minutes getting your umbrella anchor set up. You want to find a model that is easy to use and that sets up instantly.
This is why many people prefer the screw-in or auger style options that are out there. You usually just need to start screwing it into the ground, and you’re good to go. Sandbag style options aren’t bad either, especially if you have kids – they can fill up the bag as a fun activity!
How does the anchor hold the umbrella shaft securely in place? While getting the right size is crucial, you want to be sure that it has something else to help with keeping your umbrella secure and upright, especially if you have a heavy-duty beach umbrella.
Some models, specifically those for screw-in or stand anchors, will also have a pin or thumb-screw to adjust the opening. The pin or screw should be able to be tightened which prevents the wind from pulling the umbrella out its holder.
Ability to Angle Umbrella
Everyone wants their umbrella at a different angle in order to properly block out the sun. While some beach umbrellas adjust near the top of the umbrella, not all of them do.
That’s why it’s vital to make sure that your anchor makes it simple to adjust your umbrella as needed throughout the day. Some options have flexible holders; others are easy to take out of the ground and then readjust to the angle you want.
When you are dealing with any sort of screw-in or auger style anchor, you want to be sure that you can get a good grip on it.
The handles should be heavy-duty so that they don’t break when you start to twist the anchor into the sand. They should also be easy to grip, and not have any strange angles, sharp corners, or other things that you may injure yourself on. Good handles make it easier and safer for you to use.
Wind is a big deal at beaches, and there are all sorts of stories out there about people getting injured by flying umbrellas that weren’t anchored down properly.
As a result, many anchors that you’ll find have a wind rating associated with them. You want to look for a wind rating of at least 25 miles per hour, since most beaches experience winds around 10 miles per hour on an average day. Some lifeguards even recommend 35 or more, if possible.
Whenever you buy a sand anchor, or really, any other product, you want to be sure that you get a look at the warranty for it. The standard is at least 2 years, depending on the brand and the material that the anchor is made from.
Some of the best beach umbrella anchor options on the market even have limited lifetime warranties, so be sure that you keep an eye on and that and see what falls under that warranty description.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I always need to dig when installing an umbrella sand anchor?
Not at all! Many of the sandbag based models of anchors are not going to require any sort of digging (except to put sand in the bag, which is minimal).
Auger and screw-style anchors may require you to make a little “pit” in the sand with your foot to start it off, but once you start turning it, it’ll make its own hole. Stand-style options will likely require some digging in order to make them more secure.
Can I use an anchor made for beach umbrellas in my yard?
This answer depends on what type of anchor you have. Auger and screw-style options should never be used in your yard, as they will tear up your grass and the hard soil could cause damage to the threads.
Stand-style options are perfectly fine to use in your yard. Be sure to use sand, though, as pebbly soil or rocks cause the material to tear if you aren’t careful.
What sorts of tools do I need to use an anchor?
In some cases, you don’t need any tools but the anchor itself. You can usually just start twisting a screw-style option into the ground with no pre-made hole.
You may want to invest in a beach umbrella hole digger to help give yourself a head start before you start twisting your anchor. If you have a sandbag or stand, you’ll probably want to get a small sand shovel. Otherwise, you should be good to go.
Is using an anchor absolutely necessary?
Yes. While you may think that just jabbing the base of your umbrella into the ground is going to work, it’s not the safest solution for anyone. And, sooner or later, it’s likely to ruin the pole.
Wind speeds can get really high at the beach, and it just takes one gust of wind to take your umbrella away. Not only can it hit people while it’s flying across the beach, but the end of the pole is usually sharp and there are stories of people being impaled by runaway umbrellas. Just use an umbrella ground anchor and you can prevent that.
Is it safe to just use the anchor that was included with my beach umbrella?
Possibly. When you buy a beach umbrella with an anchor included, you want to look at the style, materials, and wind factor associated with it. More often than not, the anchors that come in these packages aren’t quite as good as what you can buy separately.
While the manufacturer’s included anchor may not be the best beach umbrella anchor, it can be a temporary option until you buy a more heavy duty one.
- Sun Protection by Beach Umbrella vs Sunscreen With a High Sun Protection Factor, National Institutes of Health, Mar 1, 2017
- Here's how to plant a beach umbrella so it doesn't blow away, Boston Globe, May 2, 2018
- For Your Safety: Protect Yourself From Sun, National Park Service, May 30, 2014
- Ultraviolet radiation protection by a beach umbrella, National Institutes of Health, Mar 8, 2010
- Beach and Surf Safety, Assateague Island National Seashore, Jul 16, 2018
- The best beach umbrellas you can buy, Business Insider, Jul 2, 2018
- The 6 Best Beach Umbrellas 2018, New York Magazine, May 8, 2018
- The Best Beach Umbrellas, Chairs, and Accessories, The Wirecutter, Jul 11, 2018
- Top 10 Beach Umbrella Anchors of 2018, Ezvid Wiki, Mar 12, 2018
- Beach Umbrella, eBay