After 53 hours spent researching the best christmas table runners, we think DII Santa’s Workshop Reversible Cotton Christmas Table Runner is the best for most people.
This choice is based on several criteria: length, width, fabric, color, style, design, edge, festive, decorative, elegant, reversible, machine wash, machine dry, low iron, and origin, among other things.
|Product||Price||Overall Rating||Quality||Durability||Appearance||Maintenance||Value for Money||length||width||fabric||color||style||design||edge||festive||decorative||elegant||reversible||machine wash||machine dry||low iron||origin|
|DII Santa’s Workshop Reversible Cotton Christmas Table Runner||Check Price||4.9||5.0||4.5||5.0||5.0||5.0||108 in||14 in||100% cotton||White / red||Modern||Text||Raw edge||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Imported|
|Violet Linen Decorative Tapestry Christmas Table Runner||Check Price||4.8||5.0||4.5||5.0||4.5||5.0||70 in||13 in||52% cotton / 48% polyester||Multi||Vintage tapestry||Santa claus||Gold tassel||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Imported|
|OurWarm Poinsettia Holly Leaf Embroidered Christmas Table Runner||Check Price||4.6||5.0||4.5||4.5||4.0||5.0||69 in||15 in||Not specified||White / red / green||Embroidered||Poinsettia||Pointed||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Imported|
|Sricam Decorative Flower Cotton Soft Christmas Table Runner||Check Price||4.4||4.5||4.0||4.5||4.0||5.0||72 in||13 in||100% cotton||White / red / green||Vintage tapestry||Christmas ornaments||Red tassel||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Imported|
|Pony Dance Decorative Glitzy Sequins Christmas Table Runner||Check Price||4.3||4.5||4.0||4.0||4.5||4.5||108 in||14 in||100% sequins & tulle||Light gold, silver, & 4 other||Sequins||Sequins||Raw edge||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||Imported|
- 1 Selection Of The Best Christmas Table Runners
- 1.1 DII Santa’s Workshop Reversible Cotton Christmas Table Runner
- 1.2 Violet Linen Decorative Tapestry Christmas Table Runner
- 1.3 OurWarm Poinsettia Holly Leaf Embroidered Christmas Table Runner
- 1.4 Sricam Decorative Flower Cotton Soft Christmas Table Runner
- 1.5 Pony Dance Decorative Glitzy Sequins Christmas Table Runner
- 2 Best Christmas Table Runner Buying Guide
- 2.1 Length of the runner
- 2.2 Width of the runner
- 2.3 Fabric selections galore
- 2.4 Color and its impact
- 2.5 It’s all about style
- 2.6 Overall design and shape
- 2.7 Edge options
- 2.8 Festive or subdued?
- 2.9 Decorative runners
- 2.10 Easy elegance
- 2.11 Reversible for double duty
- 2.12 Machine washing and drying
- 2.13 Ironing instructions
- 2.14 Storage of Christmas runners
- 2.15 Origin
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Sources
What happens when you find the best Christmas table runner for your particular style and design sense? A plan comes together for simplified holiday decorating and entertaining!
The perfect table decor creates a feast for the eyes during a season that naturally blends people and food.
Less stress and fewer tasks translate to a greater enjoyment of the holidays. Before you dig out the Christmas tree stand or recruit someone to lug the Christmas tree bag up from basement storage, take time to strategize.
Since an abundance of attention centers on food at the holidays it’s natural to start by perusing Christmas table runner ideas to create focal points, and then coordinate other decor based on the runner style and color.
Many designers have moved away from a formal Christmas tablecloth for dining and enjoy using long table runners and placemats instead. But using table runners extends way beyond the dining room! Ideas are plentiful and the only limit is your imagination.
A Christmas garland intertwined with strands of battery-operated Christmas lights and arranged around varying heights of candles fashions a beautiful centerpiece on any table. A Nativity set placed in the middle of a runner is a simple way to add a totally different effect.
Another simple display is a large clear vase filled with Christmas ball ornaments centered on the table runner and surrounded with branches of greenery. Virtually any flat surface becomes festive when it’s covered with a holiday table runner and a few decorations.
Selection Of The Best Christmas Table Runners
A holiday table runner gives a dining table or a side table a really Christmassy feeling.
The little added extra of something different from the rest of the table linens makes the display so special and brings the holidays home.
How you use winter table runners is really up to you, there aren’t any rules, although the designs and patterns will often lead you in a certain direction.
What a Christmas table runner will always do is to elevate what might be an ordinary table cloth into something special and different.
Use a table runner to jazz up your table.
One really nice touch from DII Santa’s Workshop is there are placemats and napkins which have different patterns and themes but are the right colors and hues to work well with the different table runner design options.
DII Santa’s Workshop Reversible Cotton Christmas Table Runner is more like a complete answer to creating a Christmas dining table than a simple table runner. There are multiple different sizes and designs as well as a line of accessories to go with them.
Three sizes are available; 108″ x 14″, 14″ x 72″ and 13″ x 72″. Even better, with the exception of one holiday table runner, none of the runners taper to a point or a tassel which means the full width lasts the whole length!
There are five different named design options: Santa’s Workshop resembles a shipping label from the North Pole; Holly Leaves has a plain linen look bordered with holly and Merry Christmas in gold; Red Reindeer has Rudolph on the end; Red Tinsel is red and white checked; and Santa’s Belt is just as it sounds – a belt above his Christmas coat trimming adorns the end.
|color||White / red|
The two designs that are not named include a reversible option with one side all red save for a Christmas ornament at the end and a light-colored star pattern on the flip side. The last design is a large stag’s head on a bright red cloth carrying a Merry Christmas message in its impressive rack.
Be careful, though, because not all of the designs come in all sizes. For example, if you want the extra-long Christmas table runner you will be limited to two of the designs.
One really nice touch from DII Santa’s Workshop is there are placemats and napkins which have different patterns and themes but are the right colors and hues to work well with the different table runner design options. The total effect is pleasing and entertaining.
Your dining table will still have a nice level of sophistication and appeal to the adults as well as the kids.
These table runners are highly stylized and Christmassy in their themes. They are the sort of thing that when you get them out, the children will start to get excited because it really means Christmas is just around the corner.
- Hooray for reversible runners: Here’s some good news, if you could do with a quick change, two of these Christmas table runners are reversible. Santa’s Workshop, which comes in the XL 108 inch table runner length, and the solid red with the single Christmas ornament are both double-sided. Just flip them over and get a completely different look.
- Most options go straight into the washing machine: Six of the seven design options are made of either 100% cotton or a polyester blend so they go right into the laundry. You can even put them into the dryer on a low heat. The Santa’s Belt option requires special care because of the decorative belt and faux fur white trim.
- Napkins and placemats complete the set and compliment the runners: There are three sets of placemats and two sets of napkins. Be careful when ordering; placemats come in fours and napkins in sixes. It is confusing and you may need to order multiples to set a whole table.
- Range of designs will appeal to all not just children: The designs are special and really Christmassy but they are not over the top. Your dining table will still have a nice level of sophistication and appeal to the adults as well as the kids.
- Well-made with quality stitched hems: Regardless of which design you choose, all of the runners are neatly sewn with tight stitching that won’t unravel. The edges have true hems with no loose whip-stitches.
- Napkins and placemats are sized well: The napkins are 20″ x 20″ which is a nice generous size – fully 2″ bigger than some napkins and big enough to look good in a napkin ring The placements are rectangular measuring 13″ x 19″ which is standard for a placemat.
You want to know the downsides? All products have some downsides don’t they? Here are a few features which could have benefited from a little more attention to detail or a little extra tender loving care.
- You will need to iron these: The fabric for the design choices varies from 100% cotton to a cotton polyester blend or to all polyester. All will require some ironing to get them completely flat. Use a cool iron for the very best results. Of course, having it laundered at a dry cleaner is always an option.
- Some can be a bit too thin: The double-sided ones definitely don’t have this issue as there are two layers of fabric stitched together. If you need a runner with some heft, choose one of the reversible designs
- The red on the stag design is slightly off color: The stag design comes off slightly different than the image. Expect to get a dark, holly red and be aware that the stag is black, but the parallel lines green.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|length||108 in||70 in||69 in|
|width||14 in||13 in||15 in|
|fabric||100% cotton||52% cotton / 48% polyester||Not specified|
|color||White / red||Multi||White / red / green|
|edge||Raw edge||Gold tassel||Pointed|
There are 6 different designs which are Christmassy but not over the top twee. The table setting will still be sophisticated.
Make the Christmas table festive and coordinated with a DII Santa’s Workshop Reversible Cotton Christmas Table Runner. The table runners are also enhanced by napkin and placemat sets which are sold separately but match well.
Each table runner is reversible. But some of the designs are completely different on the flip side, and the extra run of material adds to the bulk and the luxury of the material. There are 6 different designs which are Christmassy but not over the top twee. The table setting will still be sophisticated.
All the items, runner, napkins and placemats are machine washable. Dry the placemats flat if you don’t want to iron them. But you will probably want to iron all the items.
Christmas table runners can add a splash of class to your dining table or spruce up an entry way with a new focal point.
The difficulty is what to choose from all the table runner patterns and then where to put them.
There’s so much more you could do with a holiday table runner than put it on the table.
With the right design you could hang it on the wall in the front hall. You could use it as a festive touch on the bed too.
Let your table runner imagination run wild, it doesn’t just have to be the table.
Children will love the jolly Santa patterned option as well as the one with cuddly teddy bears nestled with presents under the tree.
The Violet Linen Decorative Tapestry Christmas Table Runner is available in different patterns, all designed to give a splash of Christmas wherever you choose to use them.
This is a narrow table runner measuring only 13″ wide. Runners should be about one-third of the width of the table, so this would work on a table that is 3 to 3.5 feet wide. This Christmas table runner is 70 inches long with both ends tapered to a point and finished with a tassel.
Made of 52% cotton and 48% polyester, the finish is a tapestry effect which works really well especially on some of the darker table runner patterns. The runner should be dry cleaned to preserve the integrity of the rich designs and to keep the tassel looking good.
|fabric||52% cotton / 48% polyester|
There are eight patterns to choose from including five done in the time-honored red and green of Christmas; one with cardinals and four different poinsettia designs. For a different look, the snow and sleigh ride option is a collage of holiday images that incorporates some non-traditional colors. If you’re looking for a white and blue Christmas table runner, this design comes close.
Children will love the jolly Santa patterned option as well as the one with cuddly teddy bears nestled with presents under the tree. Use these whimsical designs near a colorful tree or as a tree skirt under a decorative miniature tree.
All of the eight designs will work well either as a stand-alone runner on a side table or coffee table. Alternatively, they can be layered on the dining table with a table cloth of a complementary color.
As a centerpiece for your Christmas table you want the look of a nicely made item which has been produced with care and complements your other decorations.
With eight different designs to choose from there has to be a Violet Linen Christmas tapestry table runner for every taste. The kids will love the teddy bears or Santa Claus. Grandma might like the cardinals. Here’re some other things to love.
- Tapestry finish is reminiscent of Christmases past and tradition: All the design options present a rich tapestry look and they all have a slightly old world feeling about them. Any choice will fit in well with traditional Christmas décor.
- Good thickness and weight: Thin fabric runners have a tendency to slip and slide. This Violet Linen runner is made just thick enough so it has enough heft to stay in place yet is not so thick as to be overly bulky.
- Well-done finishing and hems give a nice quality feel: As a centerpiece for your Christmas table you want the look of a nicely made item which has been produced with care and complements your other decorations. Violet Linen has taken care to finish of each runner properly and completely.
- Size gives you lots of options: These runners are only just over a foot wide and so could be used where a wider one wouldn’t work well. Create a sofa topper or use it to hang on the wall in the entry way to the house.
- Wide range of colors will fit in with everything else: If you already have a favorite base tablecloth and linens one of these runners will fit with them. It’s helpful to make the new fit in with your existing holiday linens, not have to replace them.
- There’s a mix of dark and light colors as well: Lots of runners tend to be on the dark side because of the traditional dark reds and greens that are commonly used. The option to have lighter colors that fit in with a more modern look is nice.
How do you way the plusses and the minuses of a product? You have to start by knowing the minuses as well as the pluses. Here are three features which were a little less positive than the plusses noted above.
- Some designs lose their effect if seen from one angle: If you’re sitting on the wrong side of the table, Santa or the teddy bears or the cardinals will be upside down. It’s a small thing and the runners are all still beautiful.
- The runners are packed immediately and there is a chemical smell: You will want to let these runners air out, maybe even outdoors. There is a definite chemical smell when you first open the bag. Order early and give the odor time to dissipate before you put it on the table.
- 70 inches is tip to tip not the wide part: If you’re looking for the runner to stretch the entire table at 70″ you will be disappointed. Measure your table length carefully if you want the taper to hang over the side, and remember there are tassels at both ends.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|length||70 in||108 in||69 in|
|width||13 in||14 in||15 in|
|fabric||52% cotton / 48% polyester||100% cotton||Not specified|
|color||Multi||White / red||White / red / green|
|edge||Gold tassel||Raw edge||Pointed|
The mix of colors in the different patterns presents an array of traditional deep reds and greens that work with any décor as well as some lighter hues with a more contemporary feel.
One of the best things about the Violet Linen Decorative Tapestry Christmas Table Runner is the amount of choices available. Eight different Christmas and holiday themed design options are available, all finished with a rich tapestry look.
The mix of colors in the different patterns presents an array of traditional deep reds and greens that work with any décor as well as some lighter hues with a more contemporary feel. Dry-cleaning is recommended to maintain the integrity of the fabric and prevent the colors from bleeding.
These Christmas table runners add a little festive cheer to any set of Christmas decorations and at least one of the color combinations will fit in with your existing decorations.
If you’re one of those people who thinks poinsettia when someone mentions the word Christmas, then you just might have found your decorating home here.
It’s almost the season and if you’re thinking poinsettias and decorations, this OurWarm Christmas table runner is for you.
The festive table always looks lovely with a long Christmas table runner. A table runner adds a touch of class and makes an occasion of a family festive lunch.
There are so many table runner patterns to choose from that often the best idea is to go for something traditional.
With its poinsettias, holly and snow white background, this runner makes a perfect yet subtle Christmas decoration.
When considering length, remember that a runner doesn’t need to hang over the end of the table, but it should stretch the full length of a table.
For this season why not consider the OurWarm Poinsettia Holly Leaf Embroidered Christmas Table Runner? This table runner adds a festive dash anywhere you choose to put it, even as a perfect coffee table runner.
The overall effect of the runner is mostly white with splashes of red, green and gold to add festivity. But when you look closer you see that it is actually quite subtle.
Red and white poinsettia leaves are connected by sprigs of holly. The centers of the poinsettias are stitched in gold and there are open spaces between the flowers which gives it an airy, lacy quality.
|color||White / red / green|
The runner is 15″ x 69″ making it almost a Christmas table runner that’s 70 inches. Like most table runners it comes to a triangular point on both ends with a red poinsettia as the finishing touch.
When considering length, remember that a runner doesn’t need to hang over the end of the table, but it should stretch the full length of a table. When you layer a runner over a tablecloth, to create a clean look try to ensure that the runner and cloth are the same length, or that the runner is the length of the table and doesn’t go over the edge.
The way in which you compliment the runner with a cloth underneath or with table mats would stretch the length of time you could use this runner for the whole of the holidays, which somehow always seem to be over before they have begun.
The effect of the stitched leaves and the edging of the openwork is an interesting composition and it adds texture and interest to the runner.
A special Christmas table runner isn’t an essential like the tree or the lights, it is more of a nice to have than a necessity. You deserve a little Christmas luxury, so here are some standout features to help justify the purchase of this product.
- Elegant, classic design: Sometimes things can go a little bit too far with over the top Christmas themes. This design is subtle and suggestive rather than being Santa and his elves. If you’re trying to create an understated look, the delicacy of this runner works.
- Open, lace-like effect lends itself to layering and complex themes: One of the really nice ways of creating a holiday look is to layer the effect. Putting a dark cloth underneath the table runner will add drama and a sense of color.
- Traditional colors fit with any holiday decor: Red and green with a few gold highlights make this runner very easy to decorate with. The classic Christmas colors will blend well with almost any solid cloth underneath as well as with colored or patterned Christmas cloth napkins.
- Embroidered stitching gives nice texture and depth: The effect of the stitched leaves and the edging of the openwork is an interesting composition and it adds texture and interest to the runner. The stitch work also helps to give it a feel similar to handmade quality.
- Machine washable and tumble dry no heat: There’s nothing worse than having to take table linens to the cleaner. You just don’t need another job at this time of year. Simply machine wash and then either hang it or tumble dry it. Use a cool iron if it’s needed.
- Use for much more than the dining table: There are so many different places you could use this, and if 69″ is not long enough for your table but you still like the idea, think about using it on a coffee table or draped over a credenza. It will look good anywhere that needs a bit of Christmas.
An informed buyer is a happy buyer, and when you’re buying online it helps to know as much as you can before placing the order. Here are three things about this OurWarm Christmas table runner that are good to know. Forewarned is forearmed, right?
- Length includes the taper to the point at the end: The runner is 69″ from end to end. Both ends taper down to point, so not all of the length is 15″ wide. This is of course an intentional decorative aspect, and actually enhances the look in some situations.
- Colors are not overly brilliant: Some buyers were disappointed with the somewhat muted colors. Do not expect vivid, splashy colors with this runner. The greens in the holly leaves as well as the red of the berries and flowers are soft and more true-to-life than other brightly colored options.
- Be careful with the embroidery: The raised stitches can easily be caught by the tips of steak knives, fork tines or other sharp objects. If you’re decorating a smaller table or a credenza to use as a buffet table, put the silverware in glasses rather than arranging them on the runner.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|length||69 in||108 in||70 in|
|width||15 in||14 in||13 in|
|fabric||Not specified||100% cotton||52% cotton / 48% polyester|
|color||White / red / green||White / red||Multi|
|edge||Pointed||Raw edge||Gold tassel|
An openwork extravaganza of red and white poinsettias connected by holly, the runner is red and white with green and gold accents.
If you love poinsettias you will love OurWarm Poinsettia Holly Leaf Embroidered Christmas Table Runner. This table runner will give your credenza, coffee table or dining table an edge and a touch of class at Christmas time.
An openwork extravaganza of red and white poinsettias connected by holly, the runner is red and white with green and gold accents. You can machine wash it too.
This is a true holiday table runner. Use as a layer on the Christmas dining table or all by itself on other surfaces to add a splash of cheer throughout the holiday season from right after Thanksgiving all the way to the New Year.
Set your Christmas feast off beautifully with an artistically woven tapestry table runner that is cheerily bright, stylish and sophisticated.
This elegant fabric table runner from Sricam is a perfect accent for your holiday festivities, softly cushioning decorations and hot serving dishes.
Add a refined touch to your dining room table displays for all your holiday gatherings with this luxurious runner.
This tasseled Christmas table runner in traditional holiday colors is a perfect accent for both formal occasions and more casual get-togethers.
Soft cotton woven fabric edged with red satin piping stylishly highlight favorite holiday themes such as mistletoe and poinsettias.
This runner is machine washable on the gentle cycle, so you don’t have to worry about special care or maintenance.
The holiday season brings together friends, family and loved ones to celebrate the joys of Christmas magic. Whether you’re decorating your dining table or an accent table, this Sricam Decorative Flower Cotton Table Runner is an upscale addition to your décor.
This beautiful tapestry woven cotton runner is ideal for celebrating in style. The classic Christmas colors allow you to easily match your favorite Christmas tablecloth to this runner for a variety of decorative options. You’re sure to impress your guests with this satin edged, tasseled runner.
Measuring 72″ long by 13″ wide, including tassels, this runner can be used all around the house for a distinguished display of holiday charm. It’s ideal for countertops, side-tables, accent tables, mantles or as the centerpiece to your Christmas gathering.
|color||White / red / green|
The soft, cottony, woven tapestry fabric has a traditional Christmas motif which lends an air of distinction to your dining table decorating ideas. Highlight your holiday table with this elegantly refined runner that’s festive, yet sophisticated.
This runner is machine washable on the gentle cycle, so you don’t have to worry about special care or maintenance. Simply wash, dry and roll for neat, wrinkle-free storage. Durable cotton fibers ensure that the colors won’t fade, and your runner stays merry and bright year after year.
Bring a bit of tradition to your table with this stylishly understated holiday themed Sricam table runner. Classic motifs such as presents, holly and Christmas balls are on display against a visually striking background featuring ornate scrollwork. Mistletoe, pinecones and poinsettias add a festive flair.
Get more out of your investment and use this cotton Christmas table runner around the house.
Looking for a Christmas table runner that goes with everything with stylish simplicity? Spread this lovely woven runner wherever you want to add a bit of sophisticated charm that is cheery and luxuriously soft. The decorative uses are almost limitless.
- Easily mix and match with Christmas tablecloths in your collection: The traditional designs woven into the runner make it easy to add to your holiday décor; it nicely pairs with almost any Christmas themed decorative style. Search no further for the perfect match for your favorite tablecloths.
- Perfect as a present, or as a gift to yourself: Indulge in a little self-spoiling and pick up two of these beautifully durable table runners. You and the recipient are sure to enjoy the colors, style and integrate this piece into their holiday table decorating ideas for years to come.
- Wash on the gentle cycle at home for easy care: The woven fabric and pretty tassels are simple to care for at home saving you time and money on expensive dry-cleaning. Just machine wash, lay flat to dry and then roll up for super simple care and storage.
- Conveniently sized to fit tables of varying shapes and lengths: Get more out of your investment and use this cotton Christmas table runner around the house. 72″ L x 13″ W, including tassels, this runner nicely fits tables both big and small, or around the home for a distinguished look.
- Classic Christmas colors and sophisticated style are merry and bright: Pairs neatly with treasured keepsakes, gives a cheery welcome to your entryway and absolutely stuns as the focal point of your table. Give your home a subtle yet festive air with this durable, decorative woven cotton tapestry Christmas table runner.
- Red satiny trim and tassels beautifully combines form and function: Edged in a soft, satiny feeling red trim this table runner is designed to resist fraying at the edges, even after repeated washings. The tassels add an extra touch of class to an already elegant runner.
No matter the product, there are always a few drawbacks to deal with. Here are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure that this Sricam Christmas table runner stays beautiful and maintained year after year.
- Never wash in hot water; only cold wash on gentle: Though it’s made of durable cotton fibers, damage may occur if improperly laundered. Always use cold water and wash on gentle to prevent shrinking and fraying. For added safety when laundering, dry flat to reduce wrinkling and shrinkage.
- Fibers can get snagged when used with sharp edged objects: Because this is a tapestry woven fabric, be mindful of pointed or sharp edges placed on the runner to reduce snagging and tearing. Keep out of reach of pets and children that might be tempted by the tassels, as well.
- Keep tassels well away from open flames to ensure safety: One of the loveliest parts of the holiday season is that we get to enjoy fireplaces and candlelight during the dark winter nights. Keep your home cozy and safe by avoiding open flames near the tassels for a joyous celebration.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|length||72 in||108 in||70 in|
|width||13 in||14 in||13 in|
|fabric||100% cotton||100% cotton||52% cotton / 48% polyester|
|color||White / red / green||White / red||Multi|
|style||Vintage tapestry||Modern||Vintage tapestry|
|design||Christmas ornaments||Text||Santa claus|
|edge||Red tassel||Raw edge||Gold tassel|
Luxuriously soft, this stylish patterned runner is a pleasantly refined display of holiday favorites like mistletoe and beautiful red poinsettias.
Christmas time is full of holiday fun and family get-togethers. Make this year as festive and distinguished when you accent your home with this elegant woven tapestry runner. Delight family and friends with the simple, sophisticated design all season long.
Luxuriously soft, this stylish patterned runner is a pleasantly refined display of holiday favorites like mistletoe and beautiful red poinsettias. The classic color scheme allows you to use this piece anywhere you want to add a touch of Christmas charm.
Year after year, this tapestry stands the test of time. With proper laundering and storage, you’ll enjoy the beauty for generations. Your dining table will be stylish and distinctively adorned with the Sricam Decorative Flower Cotton Soft Christmas Table Runner.
Glitter, bedazzle and sparkle your holiday guests this year.
If you want a Christmas table runner that will twinkle like the snow on a Christmas night, here’s some Glimmer magic to make your Christmas or New Year’s party stand out and the be the envy of everyone.
Do you have a vision for an evening that is going to be the epitome of a sparkling night?
Where all your guests will be amazed at the décor, and stand around in dinner jackets and evening wear waiting for the ball to drop on New Year’s Eve?
Well, a Christmas table runner in gold sequined fabric might just be the last piece you need.
There are six different colors including a silver holiday table runner, two shades of gold, a champagne color, pink and a teal option too.
Do you love sequins? You’re not the only one, Pony Dance Decorative Glitzy Sequins Christmas Table Runner does too and with a passion. This 108 inch table runner is totally filled with small sequins to make your table glisten.
At 14″ x 108″ this is a wide and extra-long table runner. The sequins go all the way to the edge of the tulle to which they are sewn. This allows you to easily run one table runner into the other if you’re creating really long tables for banquets. It will also drape elegantly to the floor if you want that too.
You can also put two runners side by side to increase to 28″. The edges are serged which effectively means there is no discernible edge, or at least then can be run together.
|fabric||100% sequins & tulle|
|color||Light gold, silver, & 4 other|
There are six different colors including a silver holiday table runner, two shades of gold, a champagne color, pink and a teal option too. All of the colors including teal have the full shiny effect of sequins. The shades are on the lighter shade, except the teal which could be described as being dark.
Use them as the base layer and add accents on top to create a completely different vision, and match with colored linens.
These are perfect winter table runners as the sparkle brings light into the dark winter days and they add a splash of glamour to a table.
Unlike most table runners, this one doesn’t taper to a point, they are squared off instead.
What is not to like about a sequined Christmas table runner? This Pony Dance runner is fun, glittery and will add a sparkle to any party. It is long and wide enough to grace most tables, and there are six other features to wow you
- Amazingly the sequins are hand sewn: On a per inch basis, there are a lot of sequins. The advantage of hand sewing is they are properly attached. It is also difficult to turn the sequins over giving the runner a uniform effect all the way along.
- Fantastic for Christmas, New Year and beyond: The only thing that limits the use of these runners is your imagination. They would add a sparkle to any event. You can see them at a wedding, or a baby shower. You can see them at an anniversary party.
- No dry-cleaning needed: You might expect that with all the sequins you’d have to take this runner to the dry-cleaner, but that’s not so. You can wash the runner by hand in cold water and hang to dry.
- Edging and squared off ends give loads of flexibility: Unlike most table runners, this one doesn’t taper to a point, they are squared off instead. This gives you endless flexibility in combining them in longer or wider runs. You can run extra into sequin pools on the floor too.
- Sparkles at night and during the day: Although the sparkle on this runner lends itself easily to night time parties, it will also show up well in daylight. The sequins are great at catching the light from all directions.
- Use them as a base rather than a top layer: A lower run of the sequins topped by complimenting colored cloths folded to create a channel is a way of hiding the edges if you wish, but also creating a long decorative channel down the center of a serving table.
There’s no getting away from it, this Pony Dance sequined table runner is really good fun, but are there any downsides you need to be aware of before committing yourself to sequin heaven? Here are three items that seem worthy to note.
- In some cases the dimensions are not 100% accurate: Tulle mesh is a difficult material to work with as a base. It is hard to get exactly square and also exactly 108″ is difficult to get once the material has been worked with. If you need exactly 108″, you might be disappointed.
- The serged edges are obvious and not to everyone’s taste: There has to be an edge to the tulle and the makers have done a lot to make them as small as possible. They are clear on the image. Check them out and make sure they are acceptable before ordering.
- Sometimes the edges are not a true straight line: For the same reason mentioned above the edges may not be a true straight line. You may need to tuck the edges or place another cloth on top of the sequins to create a channel in order to get a dead-straight line.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|length||108 in||108 in||70 in|
|width||14 in||14 in||13 in|
|fabric||100% sequins & tulle||100% cotton||52% cotton / 48% polyester|
|color||Light gold, silver, & 4 other||White / red||Multi|
|edge||Raw edge||Raw edge||Gold tassel|
The backing material is a tulle mesh, which does create some challenges, but can be gently pulled to shape.
If you are looking to add some sparkle and some glamour to a Christmas dining table or a special party then you will love the Pony Dance Decorative Glitzy Sequins Christmas Table Runner. Hand sown sequins reflect the light beautifully.
The table runner comes in six colors which will uplift any party. The runner is more likely to be an accent rather than the entire décor theme. Imagine them folded to create a ripple effect or falling into a pool on the floor.
The backing material is a tulle mesh, which does create some challenges, but can be gently pulled to shape. The runners are washable by hand or dry cleaned. Machine washing is not recommended. Go ahead, let your inner bedazzle out of its shell and wow your holiday guests with this sequined Christmas table runner.
Best Christmas Table Runner Buying Guide
Length of the runner
Begin by measuring the table or horizontal surface to cover. With the dining room table, a lovely combination is using long table runners and placemats in place of tablecloths. Extra-long table runners hanging 6-12 inches past the end of the table look sophisticated.
But other surfaces deserve a runner, too. A short table runner centered on a coffee table or chest instantly transforms it. Use two or more short table runners across the width of the dining table and skip using placements altogether!
Width of the runner
It’s fun to play with various widths of runners. A narrow table runner leaves plenty of room for place settings, while a wide one covers a surface that has seen better days. Layer a wide runner with a narrower one if you like combining fabrics.
A coffee table runner provides a holiday focal point in the family room or living room. The same design rules apply – draped over the sides for an elegant look, and a short table runner for an informal one.
Fabric selections galore
Before making a selection, ask yourself these questions: Will there be food and drink, and possible accidental spills near the runner? Do you prefer crisp sophisticated fabrics, or is rustic more to your taste?
You’ll be more relaxed about spillage (and so will your guests) if you select a fabric that can be washed or dry-cleaned, then touched up with an iron. If not, stick with a narrow runner or at least plan to use a table runner and placemats together with placemats overlapping the runner.
Color and its impact
Color influences us in countless ways. Vivid, cheerful shades like some traditional reds and greens naturally add to the festive mood of holidays. Children especially are attracted to bright colors.
But you can set a more tranquil mood with a beige table runner layered with soft colors and simple decorations. A white table runner looks crisp and cool with winter items and minimal other colors as an accent. An elegant designer feel can be achieved with a black table runner and gold accents.
It’s all about style
A quick look around your home reveals your style. Modern style is clutter-free, with simple lines and may incorporate metals like chrome. A modern or semi-abstract artificial Christmas tree, simple ornaments or a star-shaped Christmas tree topper fit this style. If that’s you, then whites, silvers, and pale colors of fabric runners may blend well with your style.
Perhaps you’re more at home with the country look and would enjoy quilted table runners. Two other fun alternatives are a plaid Christmas table runner or those with checks.
Overall design and shape
Many runners come to a point at both ends, while others (generally the more casual styles and fabrics) will have straight hems. The pointed ones often have pretty tassels dangling from the ends or some other decorative motif.
A vintage style that still looks attractive and recalls Christmases past is the tapestry runner. They often display intricate Christmas scenes like Santa, snowflakes or other designs. Embroidered runners are reminiscent of our mothers’ and grandmothers’ tablecloths yet remain a popular design choice.
Even edges of runners afford a spectrum of choices. Traditional and modern styles alike need edges that are sturdy to prevent fraying.
If a runner is double thickness it is probably backed with a plain fabric so that all the raw edges are hidden between layers. Single layer fabrics have edges that are simply turned under and hemmed with a single line of either matching or contrasting color of thread. Embroidered runners may have buttonhole stitching all the way around.
Festive or subdued?
The descriptive word “festive” aligns with the Christmas season. Color plays a huge part in setting that atmosphere, but there are also many types of sparkling options to consider.
Sewn-on sequins, shiny beads, glistening sparkles or glitter, and metallic threads add to the look of a beautiful runner and reflect the light from lamps or candles. When your tastes are less sparkly, choose a runner that’s plain, but dress it up with gold or silver for nicely contrasting texture and subtle shine.
All table runners are decorative but some are lovely enough that little to no embellishment should be added. When that’s the case, let it stand alone. Display the runner with no decorations at all, or perhaps the simplest addition of a small Nativity set or a candle or two.
You can hang a decorative table runner on the wall or above the fireplace mantel. Experiment to determine what best complements a runner. Don’t overdo decorating or you’ll cover up and lose the best features.
A sophisticated and elegant holiday look in your home is not that difficult to achieve. Designers will tell you that simplicity is a major component to creating this look. Stay away from elements that typically work for a country motif, and eliminate clutter for clean, simple lines.
Rich luxurious fabrics are one way to pull it off. Plain black, white or gold runners embellished with metallic thread and decorated simply with silver or gold ornaments or candles are elegant also.
Reversible for double duty
Reversible runners are great for two obvious reasons. First, a change in the look and feel of your Christmas decor is as simple as flipping the runner over to the other side. Select a runner that has two very contrasting patterns, such as stripes on one side and a plain or shiny side on the other.
The second reason is purely practical. If food or drink gets spilled on the runner, you can reverse it and start again with a clean one.
Machine washing and drying
If your runner is intended for a location far from food and drink, concerns about laundering are minimal. Linens for the holidays last a long time if you choose fabrics suitable for their use.
To avoid surprises, read the fabric care suggestions before making a purchase. Runners that must be dry cleaned are not particularly practical for families with small children. Even if it is machine washable, you may want to air dry it, or dry it on the lowest setting and then hang it to finish drying.
Similar to laundering instructions, if the runner is to be used purely for a decorative purpose, then time needed to iron isn’t a consideration. For multiple uses on the dinner table, however, you may want choose an easy-care fabric.
If there are beads, sequins or other embellishments present, it’s best to skip ironing altogether. Laying it flat to dry, or putting it in the dryer briefly on air only (with no heat) could be sufficient. Smooth it out with your hands and hang it up to dry.
Storage of Christmas runners
Since your Christmas linens are likely to be packed away for much of the year, give some thought to storage before making a final selection. Folding certain fabrics, especially velvet, creates creases that may be nearly impossible to eliminate.
If you have closet space, simply use a padded hanger and plastic for protection until the following holiday season. If hanging space is limited, you can minimize creases by folding the runner with layers of white tissue paper. Ensure that any fringe or tassels lie smoothly on the top.
As our world continues to shrink, imported goods are widely available. Table runners from all over the world celebrate diversity and bring a unique look to holiday décor. Pay particular attention to fabric care instructions before buying, though, as some choices may not be suitable for the intended use.
Creating fun, fresh Christmas decor doesn’t require following rules. Express your creativity and design sense in a way that you personally enjoy. The style settled on by finding the best Christmas table runner gets you on your way to celebrating the holidays in style.
Frequently Asked Questions
What length of table runner should I buy?
Make sure you know the dimensions of the table or other horizontal area you want to cover before purchasing. Many people like the look of a fancy runner that stretches the full length of the table, with an additional 6 to 12 inches hanging over each end.
Runners that don’t extend over the edge look less formal than the longer ones. Consider surfaces other than dining tables for runners, too, such as trunks, coffee tables, or even TV stands.
Which runners create an elegant look in my home?
Designers often use rich, lustrous fabrics that can be paired with just a few decorations for a polished look. Don’t over decorate when you aim for elegance. The expression “less is more” is especially applicable when you want to achieve a sophisticated style.
Nearly any Christmas table runner can be dressed up elegantly with the addition of gold, silver or other metals for a special look. Ornaments all in one color are more sophisticated than a mix. Try some combinations to decide.
What fabric should I choose with kids around?
Children love the bright colors and sparkle often associated with Christmas so look for fun motifs they’ll enjoy. To make it easy on yourself though, choose easy care fabrics to decorate areas kids use, especially if food or drink will be involved.
Check labels or descriptions carefully for washing instructions. If a runner is machine washable and dryable, that’s a bonus. Reversible runners are a nice option too, since evidence of a spill can disappear simply by turning the runner to the other side.
Are there ways to get a country look with runners?
Yes, country appeal is easy especially when you choose certain types of fabrics to decorate. Burlap, gingham, and calico fabrics are popular for the country look; checks, and quilted materials also have a distinctly country flair.
These materials can be used for table runners in several locations, and tied in to quilted tree skirts, checkered ribbon on wreaths and quilted stockings on the mantel. Wooden accents and stuffed fabric ornaments all help add to creating a country flavor for Christmas.
What colors are best for table runners?
You’ll want to choose colors that either match or accent the colors you have in your home already. If your decor is monochromatic, choose pops of color for accents. If you decorate in bold colors, try subtle shades for runners.
Too many patterns can make your home look cluttered. Don’t try to mix too many different patterns together. If you have plaid or flowered furniture for example, you’ll want to choose runners to tone down the patterns already there. Go for simpler fabrics in coordinating colors.
- Adult Craft: Holiday Tablerunner, City of Kelso, Nov 3, 2014
- Tablecloth, Wikipedia
- 10 Best Christmas Table Runners and Linens in 2018, Best Products, Nov 17, 2017
- Christmas Table Runners You'll Love, Wayfair
- 5 ways to decorate a table with a runner, Pottery Barn
- DIY Christmas Table Settings, Good Housekeeping, Nov 14, 2017
- Christmas Table Runners, Bed Bath & Beyond
- Table Linens for Holiday & Everyday, Crate and Barrel
- Christmas table decoration ideas that will set the scene for your festive feast, Ideal Home, Nov 14, 2017
- Festive Christmas Table Place Settings, Better Homes & Gardens