After 45 hours spent researching the best laundry baskets, we think BirdRock Home Oversized Divided Woven Laundry Basket is the best for most people.
This choice is based on several criteria: brand, dimensions, type, color, material, sorter, capacity, handles, extra, sturdy, portable, easy-to-use, assembly required, eco-friendly, and weight, among other things.
|Product||Price||Overall Rating||Quality||Durability||Appearance||Maintenance||Value for Money||brand||dimensions||type||color||material||sorter||capacity||handles||extra||sturdy||portable||easy-to-use||assembly required||eco-friendly||weight|
|BirdRock Home Oversized Divided Woven Laundry Basket||Check Price||4.9||5.0||5.0||5.0||4.5||5.0||BirdRock Home||28 x 27 x 14 in||Hamper||Brown||Abaca fiber||Double||4 loads||Cut-out||Set & forget||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||20 lbs|
|Rubbermaid 6-Pack Stack-N-Sort Nesting Laundry Basket||Check Price||4.8||5.0||4.5||4.5||5.0||5.0||Rubbermaid||24.3 x 18.2 x 14.1 in||Basket||White, blue||Rubber||Single||2 loads||Rotating||Stackable||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||3.09 lbs|
|BirdRock Home Easy Transport Double Laundry Basket||Check Price||4.5||5.0||4.5||4.0||4.5||4.5||BirdRock Home||25.75 x 25.25 x 14.25 in||Hamper||Grey||Polyester||Double||4 loads||Cut-out||Set & forget||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||12.35 lbs|
|Seville Classics Mobile 3-Bag Heavy-Duty Laundry Basket||Check Price||4.3||5.0||4.5||4.0||4.0||4.0||Seville Classics||33 x 30 x 19.5 in||Hamper||Metal, white||Steel, polyester||Triple||3 loads||Steel structure||Wheeled||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||12.55 lbs|
|Sammart Collapsible Plastic Pop-Up Laundry Basket||Check Price||4.5||4.5||5.0||4.5||4.0||4.5||Sammart||22.5 x 17.5 x 10.5 in||Basket||Grey, white||Plastic (BPA free)||Single||2 loads||Cut-out||Collapsible||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||3 lbs|
- 1 Selection Of The Best Laundry Baskets
- 2 Best Laundry Basket Buying Guide
- 2.1 Durable and built to last
- 2.2 Sturdy, comfortable handles
- 2.3 Nice, smooth finish
- 2.4 Ventilation to let clothes breathe
- 2.5 Efficient shape
- 2.6 Volume
- 2.7 Sorts your clothes
- 2.8 Multi-functional / versatile
- 2.9 Wheels
- 2.10 Tasteful, appealing appearance
- 2.11 Easy to clean
- 2.12 Floor space not needed
- 2.13 Collapsible design for convenient storage
- 2.14 No airing of dirty laundry
- 2.15 Overall Value
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Sources
The best laundry basket easily carries your clothes to and from the washer securely without damaging them or your back or your legs.
Seriously, that’s about it. They aren’t complicated devices; you choose how fancy they get.
Basket and hamper are commonly used interchangeably, but there are some differences. Baskets are typically longer than they are tall. Laundry hampers are usually taller than they are wide and may have lids.
The biggest difference between them, however, is the way they are used. Hampers stay in place. Baskets are movers. They take your clothes to the laundry room but also bring clean clothes back, which is why it is important that baskets are lightweight and strong. They do a lot of work and can get worn down easily if they are not high quality.
With that being said, it is important to note that a basket alone isn’t enough in some situations. If navigating narrow hallways and staircases or leaving the house to do your laundry is a part of life, you’ll find a number of solutions that can be used with the basket.
It’s time to get rid of that sad moldy wicker basket or canvas bag in desperate need of a sewing machine repair and trade up.
Selection Of The Best Laundry Baskets
Is it possible to get excited about a laundry hamper? Of course it is!
Let’s be honest, this hamper from BirdRock Home is not going to fix global warming, but it is made of sustainable materials and it keeps laundry off the floor in style.
And, while not to exaggerate its effects, a stylish laundry hamper like this might just stop a household from a meltdown, or save a marriage.
Can something as simple do all this? Well it turns out this large laundry hamper has super-powers.
Being a peace-keeper is only one of its powers; there’s a range of other things you can expect from this laundry basket.
The sea grass is woven horizontally which has the effect of making the large double laundry hamper look slim.
The BirdRock Home Oversized Divided Woven Laundry Basket has plenty going for it. Let’s start with some physical descriptions. First of all, it comes in two colors. Both are variations on a natural brown; “Espresso” a dark rich brown and the other a lighter option named “Honey”.
Both of them have a really natural look to them, which is not a surprise because they are made of a natural material and although they have been lacquered they are allowed to be their natural color. The correct name of the material is abaca, but you might know it as sea grass.
This is a tall rectangular laundry basket. It measures 28″x14″x27″ which means it is more than a foot deep and well more than 2 feet wide and high, so make sure you do have that amount of space available.
|dimensions||28 x 27 x 14 in|
|extra||Set & forget|
The sea grass is woven horizontally which has the effect of making the large double laundry hamper look slim. As a final point on dimensions, it weighs in at quite a hefty 18.4 pounds so you’ll want to find a permanent place to situate it.
Although it’s quite heavy, the good news is that inside of this woven laundry basket are two high quality canvas bags suspended on dowel-like rods that are easily removed to tote the dirty laundry to the washing machine. The canvas is also a natural color and blends well with either the Espresso or Honey color.
The natural materials may be beautiful, but they also serve the function of promoting good air circulation to prevent damp garments from mildewing. Add in its large capacity, and you have a laundry basket that excels at both form and function.
The canvas interiors can be thrown right into the machine along with the laundry every once in a while.
If the overall description were not enough to encourage you to “buy it now”, there are plenty more features which will help you decide if this BirdRock Home laundry basket is the one for you. Good news – there’s more to this than meets the eye.
- Sustainable materials that breathe: Sweaty or damp clothes in an enclosed space with no air flow are likely to develop mold or mildew. Both the woven sea grass and canvas liners allow good air circulation. Plus, the sea grass, or abaca, is renewable. It’s a bit like hemp in that you needn’t worry about depleting reserves or being politically incorrect. This purchase is cool.
- Divided interior saves on sorting time: Use the two separate bags to sort the laundry into “yours and mine” or delicates and not-so much. The sections might also be the way in which you teach your family to distinguish between darks and lights. How much time do you spend sorting laundry?
- Plenty of capacity in both sides of the equation: In a household of two you might find there’s enough space for you to only need a weekly wash day. There’s more than enough space to hold two full loads. You don’t even need to see it or think about it.
- Machine washable inner liners: The canvas interiors can be thrown right into the machine along with the laundry every once in a while. It is easy to keep the whole thing looking good and smelling fresh. Slip the bags off the supports and it’s done.
- Tall, narrow footprint avoids drawing attention to itself: Yes it does look good and is easy on the eye, but it sits neatly against the wall or behind a door just as easily. It knows its place. After all, it is a laundry hamper and not a centerpiece.
- Lid covers up the mess: Just close the lid and forget about what happens inside. If you want to keep clothes off the floor and the bedroom or bathroom clean and tidy, then closing the lid on the laundry has to be a positive. Eyesore no-more!
If you think this is all waxing too lyrical about a laundry basket, you will be glad to know there are a few things to know about that fall on the other side of the fence. These shortcomings, however, shouldn’t be too problematic.
- Wooden dowels which support the interior could be sturdier: Not that they are likely to break, it’s just that they could have a bit more heft to them. This shouldn’t be a deal breaker and they’d be easy to replace, they’re just a little out of keeping with the rest of a great product.
- Natural material which has been treated too: On occasion there might be an odor which should dissipate over time. Some people don’t even notice it, but other sensitive snifters might be a little offended. Perhaps give it a little airing time before you put in the bedroom.
- This basket really does take up the floor space it needs: There’s no hiding the fact. The sides are solid – there’s no forcing its 14″ depth into a space that’s only a foot deep. You really must have the full floor space or it is not going to fit. Make sure to measure before ordering.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||BirdRock Home||Rubbermaid||BirdRock Home|
|dimensions||28 x 27 x 14 in||24.3 x 18.2 x 14.1 in||25.75 x 25.25 x 14.25 in|
|capacity||4 loads||2 loads||4 loads|
|extra||Set & forget||Stackable||Set & forget|
|weight||20 lbs||3.09 lbs||12.35 lbs|
There are loads of positives to this hamper, not least the fact that it is sustainable and has a matching canvas inside.
The BirdRock Home Oversized Divided Woven Laundry Basket is not some cheap wicker laundry basket. It exudes a charm all of its own, while taking on a task which is really pretty menial when you think of it.
There are loads of positives to this hamper, not least the fact that it is sustainable and has a matching canvas inside. The finishes of dark brown, Espresso, and Honey seem to be exactly the right sort of colors for sea grass when it’s not in the sea.
There’s plenty of space within the canvas bags to hold at least two full loads of laundry. For small households that reduces the wash to once a week. And the final plus is that people can learn to sort their own laundry!
Are you getting tired of piling all your laundry into one basket that takes up too much space?
If so, you need to upgrade your laundry basket and get something that fits your needs a little better.
You can get a basket that makes doing laundry and staying organized easier by looking at all of the options for your clothing.
When searching for the ideal laundry basket, it is important to consider your lifestyle. Will you be going to a laundry facility often? Do you wash a lot of heavy fabrics?
These questions can determine the type of basket you need and what will work best for your situation.
The baskets make it easy to keep everything sorted and can help encourage kids to stay organized.
If you want a neat option to stash dirty clothes that increases the efficiency of doing laundry, then the Rubbermaid 6-Pack Stack-N-Sort Nesting Laundry Basket is what you are looking for. Made of highly durable plastic, the six baskets in the set fit neatly together and make sorting different types of wash easy to do.
The sides of the baskets have holes to provide clothing with more than adequate ventilation, making it possible to put sweaty or wet clothing items into the bin without developing mold or any kind of mildew on them.
Measuring 18.2″ x 24.3″ x 14.1″, the laundry baskets’ dimensions may not be the largest, but each holds a reasonable amount of dirty clothing and their size makes them convenient for toting smaller loads to the laundromat or up and down stairs at home. The portable basket fits great in your hands and the handles make it easy to carry around.
|dimensions||24.3 x 18.2 x 14.1 in|
The baskets make it easy to keep everything sorted and can help encourage kids to stay organized. The baskets stack, but you can add items without completely unstacking them. This way, kids can keep lights and darks separate without any extra effort.
You’ll be getting an excellent value. These baskets come as a set of 6, so you will be getting a package of baskets that can be used all around the home. You won’t have to worry about paying for individual baskets or extra fees when it comes to shipping and handling.
This set of Rubbermaid baskets is the best option for your dirty clothes when it comes to ventilation, portability, and storage space.
This option is perfect for people that have to make frequent trips to the laundromat.
These Rubbermaid baskets make it easy to get laundry done and save space in the home. When it comes to organizing and toting laundry, a laundry basket made with plastic that is durable is a necessity. This option from Rubbermaid goes the extra step with these key characteristics.
- Save space by stacking one on another: You don’t have to take up tons of room with multiple baskets lined up on the floor or in the closet. These Rubbermaid baskets are the best laundry baskets for stacking clothing and items, saving you space in the home and keeping everything secure.
- A great sorting system: Keep everything organized with this great stacking system. You can keep your colored clothes separated from the whites, making laundry time more efficient. All you would have to do is pick up a basket and be on your way to the washing machine with a load of pre-sorted laundry.
- Ultimate portable design: Do you lack your own personal washing machine? This option is perfect for people that have to make frequent trips to the laundromat. It has handles for easy transportation and the smaller size of the individual baskets make it easy to move around with.
- Holes for ventilation of clothing: The sides are equipped with several ventilation holes that prevent the buildup of mold and mildew that can occur when wet items are put in the laundry basket organizer. You can work up a sweat exercising without worrying about draping your gear around the room to dry.
- Sturdy and durable plastic: If you need something heavy duty, these baskets are the perfect item as they’re made of very strong plastic. They won’t bend out of shape even if stuffed with heavy work shirts and pants, and they won’t split or crack.
- Great value for 6 baskets: You may be surprised to find out you get the entire set of six baskets for one very affordable price. They stack in pairs or in threes as well, making it possible to put a basket or two in separate rooms for easy organization and storage.
These baskets make it easy to take great strides towards increasing the effectiveness of performing laundry tasks. But if you do a lot of laundry, you may notice some things that could be improved.
- Handles may get in the way: The handles on each basket are very convenient, but they do not lock in place. This keeps them in the way, making it difficult to hold them in place while stacking baskets. If you try to do this one-handed, it can be nearly impossible.
- Small size means more frequent trips: While having a small basket can have benefits, there are plenty of times when a larger size is necessary. With these small baskets, you may have a hard time washing clothes for a large family.
- Take care with stacking: Each basket has to be fitted into the basket below just right in order for it to stack correctly. If this does not happen, there is a chance the baskets will topple over particularly when all six are stacked together.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||Rubbermaid||BirdRock Home||BirdRock Home|
|dimensions||24.3 x 18.2 x 14.1 in||28 x 27 x 14 in||25.75 x 25.25 x 14.25 in|
|capacity||2 loads||4 loads||4 loads|
|extra||Stackable||Set & forget||Set & forget|
|weight||3.09 lbs||20 lbs||12.35 lbs|
It’s great for individuals and family use, encouraging children to organize laundry and making it easy for individuals to make trips to the laundromat when a machine is not readily available.
You won’t have to worry about your clothes being difficult to transport with the Rubbermaid 6-Pack Stack-N-Sort Nesting Laundry Basket. It makes it easy to keep things organized so you can simply grab a basket and head to the washing machine.
It’s great for individuals and family use, encouraging children to organize laundry and making it easy for individuals to make trips to the laundromat when a machine is not readily available.
Damp clothes or towels can be stashed without worrying about mildew or mold developing on the fabric. You can get the most out of these Rubbermaid laundry baskets by putting them to use in your home for all of your home laundry needs.
You want a laundry basket, but you don’t want to feel as if you’re living in Southeast Asia just before the Second World War.
There has to be a stylish laundry basket out there for someone who doesn’t want the ubiquitous wicker basket, right?
This is not to go all post-modern on you. It is only a laundry hamper with lid. But on the other hand, there’s something spectacularly handy about an extra-large laundry hamper.
The tidiness goddesses will love you for getting joy and it does keep dirty clothes off the floor.
So, what to look for when you don’t want wicker?
The outside is a cool modern grey polyester/linen finish and the inside of both sections are fitted with mesh bags attached by Velcro.
The BirdRock Home Easy Transport Double Laundry Basket might not have the briefest of names, but when it comes to modern laundry baskets as the song goes, it’s got it going on.
This could easily double as some other furniture item as it somehow manages not to scream laundry basket – which wicker ones do tend to. It is quite sizeable (25.25″ wide by 14.25″ deep by 25.75″ tall) so it will take up some floor space.
It is a double laundry hamper which helps you sort the laundry and maybe even teach the family the difference between darks and lights – now there’s a thought! The lid is attached with Velcro making it easy to flip up to remove the laundry. Someone who does the washing thought of that little feature.
|dimensions||25.75 x 25.25 x 14.25 in|
|extra||Set & forget|
The outside is a cool modern grey polyester/linen finish and the inside of both sections are fitted with mesh bags attached by Velcro. Removable bags make it easy to carry the laundry to the washer, and BirdRock Home has cleverly hidden the Velcro under a flap to prevent snags.
Weighing in at only 12.5 pounds (without laundry) you can imagine moving the whole thing from the bathroom to the laundry room if you wanted, although the bags mean you don’t have to.
It comes flat-packed but to say you need to assemble it is to go too far. It is more like you need to unfold it but even so, it still manages to be sturdy. If you’re not a wicker basket lover, this BirdRock Home hamper could be for you.
The handles are well finished and they also stylistically suit the hamper.
There’s plenty to like about this modern laundry basket and its sleek design. But here are six extra cool features that you might like to take a look at before you make a final decision one way or the other.
- Loads of capacity for dirty laundry: With space for four standard loads of washing, this laundry hamper could easily hold a week’s worth of laundry for two, and avoids it being an everyday task in larger households. It keeps the dirty clothes neatly hidden while you put off doing the wash.
- Easily washable mesh laundry bags: There’s little that is more convenient than being able to put the bag in with the laundry. Use the inner mesh bags to protect delicate items in the machine or wash the bags themselves every now and again, because face it, they need it.
- Velcro makes the world easier and can be replaced: BirdRock Home has made clever use of Velcro. The bags attach to the hamper with Velcro, the lid is kept neatly closed by Velcro and while it does last for ages, should you ever need to replace it you can easily do so without it being a huge hassle.
- There’s an overall nice feel about the quality: The handles are well finished and they also stylistically suit the hamper. It is constructed of solid medium density fiberboard covered in attractive soft grey polyester linen. It is a little intangible, but the look and feel work together to create a nice finished product.
- You don’t need a degree to put it together: There is a zipper involved with the assembly and you might have to put the baseboard in place but that’s all there is to it. It ships easily and it flattens so you can simply store it away when you’re not using it.
- Easy lift of the inner bags is a help with arms full of laundry: Not having to fight with a floppy lid or half dismantling it to get a full bag of laundry makes it easier on the person who is doing the work. There’s no more excuses – any adult can do it.
If all the positive points to this BirdRock Home laundry basket sound way too much like hype, like any product there are somethings which aren’t so much on the up and up. For the sake of equality and balance, here are three things which are not quite as positive.
- The exterior material requires a bit of care: Don’t forget that the outside will need care. You don’t want to leave it in a dark, damp spot as it will mold just like any other material. Keep it in a dry place and you’ll have no issues.
- Initial odor may be off-putting: There can be a manufacturing smell when the hamper comes out of the packaging. This is not across the board, but be prepared to let it air out a while if needed to get rid of the newness smell.
- Take care when unfolding to make sure the seam is correct: The separator between the two chambers needs to be but in place properly. It helps the hamper stay in shape as well as being the one thing that creates the two chambers. Check to ensure it is in place correctly.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||BirdRock Home||BirdRock Home||Rubbermaid|
|dimensions||25.75 x 25.25 x 14.25 in||28 x 27 x 14 in||24.3 x 18.2 x 14.1 in|
|capacity||4 loads||4 loads||2 loads|
|extra||Set & forget||Set & forget||Stackable|
|weight||12.35 lbs||20 lbs||3.09 lbs|
It is a sizeable piece, so think of it as if it is an additional piece of furniture rather than something you can hide away in a cupboard.
Laundry baskets can look stylish, modern and minimalist and the BirdRock Home Easy Transport Double Laundry Basket achieves all of those facets effortlessly. With two interior chambers, it is easy to separate laundry as you go, rather than having big piles around on laundry day.
It is a sizeable piece, so think of it as if it is an additional piece of furniture rather than something you can hide away in a cupboard. It is sturdy to take a knock or two but still is light enough that you don’t need a weight lifter to move it.
With its two large inner mesh bags, beautiful grey finish, sturdy construction and four wash-load capacity, this laundry basket is both attractive and functional. It’s the perfect choice for those of us who are not wicker lovers!
Are you tired of carrying a heavy pile of clothes to the washing machine every time you do laundry?
There has to be a much more efficient way of handling your dirty clothing without dropping something every couple of steps, right?
It may not seem like a big deal, but you’ve been wasting a lot of time carrying items to the laundry area and doubling back to pick up everything that fell during transportation.
With an efficient laundry basket, you can get every item to the washer without worrying about missing anything on the way.
If you own a business, this could save employees a ton of time and prevent losing materials that are crucial to your business.
The Seville Classics laundry carrier may take some assembly before it is ready for use, but this is for a good reason.
While there are a ton of cheap laundry baskets on the market, you won’t have to worry about any of the problems associated with cheapness in the Seville. The Seville Classics Mobile 3-Bag Heavy-Duty Laundry Basket is made of thick cotton-polyester canvas that can hold 30 pounds of laundry.
It includes three removable laundry bags that can be used to easily move clothes from the hamper to the washing machine. Each bags holds 10 pounds and they fit perfectly into the 19.5″ x 30″ x 33″ laundry basket with wheels.
Speaking of moving clothes to the washing machine – you can also put the bags right in the washer for thorough cleaning. If you notice any stains or smells on the bags, just put them in the washer and get ready for a fresher smelling laundry sorter.
|dimensions||33 x 30 x 19.5 in|
The Seville Classics laundry carrier may take some assembly before it is ready for use, but this is for a good reason. The steel frame is highly durable, made of tubular steel with crossbars along the bottom to keep the fabric from dragging on the floor.
You’ll also have to make sure the wheels are secure, so the laundry hamper can glide across your building or home with ease. The wheels are two inches and include a locking mechanism, so the unit stays in place when it is needed.
The Seville can be stored in closets, laundry rooms, and even bedrooms for easy organization of clothing items and fabrics. Even sheets or blankets can be sorted into the appropriate bins for organized washing.
Large families could benefit from this extra-large laundry basket as well.
The Seville Classics is one of the most efficient laundry organizers on the market. It is durable and designed for large homes and small businesses. There are additional reasons the Seville is above the rest when it comes to laundry baskets.
- Three separate storage compartments: It’s way more efficient to wash clothes when they’re separated according to color or clothing type. With the three compartments in the Seville, you have every option when it comes to separating clothes. Lights, darks, and whites as well as pants, shirts, and undies can be organized like a pro.
- Great for commercial businesses: This laundry basket on wheels with a handle would be ideal for small businesses like Bed and Breakfasts or small hotels. Even restaurants could benefit with the organization power of the Seville. Dirty linens and uniforms can be stored, unloaded, cleaned, and restocked for use in no time.
- Ideal for large families and heavy clothing: Large families could benefit from this extra-large laundry basket as well. This laundry sorter can be assembled and put into a large laundry room for each household member’s use. Children will have no problem putting clothes in the appropriate bin and laundry day will be more productive.
- Wheels that lock for smooth mobility: You don’t have to worry about toting this basket back and forth throughout the home – the wheels make it easy to glide around. The wheels lock securely, so you can park it safely to keep it from rolling around freely or being bumped out of place.
- Steel constructed frame for durability: The frame is made with durable and sturdy metal. There are three steel bars that cross along the basket’s base to keep laundry stable and prevent sagging from occurring. The metal is easy to wipe clean if you notice stains or spots.
- Machine washable canvas material: The bags that are included with the basket are removable and extremely easy to clean. Simply pop them in the washing machine and you’ll see stains, odors, and dirt disappear. Once the wash is done, dry them and get back to sorting your laundry like a professional.
This laundry basket is one of the most efficient, but it does have some areas in which it could be improved. You may want to consider these items before making any final decisions on the basket that would best fit your home or business.
- Some assembly is required: While some laundry carriers come fully assembled, there is no way to get around assembling this product. It’s fairly easy to assemble as long as you keep the screws and bolts in order, so you won’t have a difficult time getting it upright and rolling around.
- Seams of the bags may split: One of the things that tends to occur with a thick fabric like canvas is seams ripping. They can be repaired easily in the event of a split but having to fix the fabric may not be ideal. Be careful not to overstuff the bags with too much laundry.
- Not ideal for individual use: Unless you wear a lot of heavy clothing, this laundry basket is likely to be too large for your needs. A smaller one would suffice if you don’t have a lot of heavy clothing. The dimensions may be too large for apartments or homes with small laundry rooms.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||Seville Classics||BirdRock Home||Rubbermaid|
|dimensions||33 x 30 x 19.5 in||28 x 27 x 14 in||24.3 x 18.2 x 14.1 in|
|color||Metal, white||Brown||White, blue|
|material||Steel, polyester||Abaca fiber||Rubber|
|capacity||3 loads||4 loads||2 loads|
|extra||Wheeled||Set & forget||Stackable|
|weight||12.55 lbs||20 lbs||3.09 lbs|
Each of its three bags can hold up to ten pounds of clothing, so you can get laundry done without the hassle of going back and forth.
The Seville Classics Mobile 3-Bag Heavy-Duty Laundry Basket is a great way to keep everything organized and makes it easy to transport large volumes of dirty clothing from place to place. Whether it is a large home or a small hotel, you will find laundry tasks much more efficient with the Seville.
Its capacity is great for small business owners and large families. Each of its three bags can hold up to ten pounds of clothing, so you can get laundry done without the hassle of going back and forth.
The wheels make it easy and fun to glide around collecting laundry and the separate sections streamline the laundry sorting chore. With the Seville laundry basket, laundry time is a lot easier and quicker.
Do you need something that’s great for holding dirty clothes but also needs to store other items from time to time?
What about something plastic and durable that can be taken to various places for multiple uses? If so, it may be time for a new laundry basket.
With the right basket, you can get everything taken care of in the home as well as outside the home.
Laundry becomes a breeze and you can keep various kinds of items stored with ease, making it easy to stay organized.
If you want to make it an even more convenient experience, find one with handles on the side for easy transportation.
If you want something that can be used for other activities, this is one laundry basket that has various uses for everyday life.
You can get a laundry basket that is perfect for your needs with the Sammart Collapsible Plastic Pop-Up Laundry Basket. This basket is great for storing clothing, hobby items, washing pets, and keeping things organized.
The Sammart is a square plastic laundry basket with one unique feature – it is collapsible. Yes, this means you can fold it flat for easy storage and expand it for immediate storage space and a durable plastic bin.
When collapsed, it measures 22.5 x 17.5 x 3.5 inches, but when expanded the height goes up to 10.5 inches, giving you more than enough room to store a lot. It can hold two full loads of laundry, making your trips to washing machine less often.
|dimensions||22.5 x 17.5 x 10.5 in|
|material||Plastic (BPA free)|
Pets can be washed with increased comfort with the leak-proof design of the Sammart. Add your liquids and your pet and you’ll be able to clean them more efficiently than in the bathtub.
If you want something that can be used for other activities, this is one laundry basket that has various uses for everyday life. It comes in 5 different colors that can be used to color coordinate party beverages for example. Use a blue one for the beer, a red one for the wine and a purple one for soda. The solid tubs can be packed with ice that won’t leak when it melts.
With the Sammart, you will gain access to one of the most efficient ways to keep items stored and organized. The handles make it easy to hold and transport when holding liquids or several loads of laundry.
This is a collapsible laundry basket, so you can keep it anywhere and use it at your leisure.
The Sammart is one of the best laundry baskets available. You can do everything with this basket, making it convenient for almost any situation that calls for a useful storage container. If you have a busy life that could stand some organizational improvement, this could be the best basket for your needs.
- Free of BPA: BPA and other chemicals used to make plastic can cause effects that are detrimental to health with long-term exposure. The Sammart is constructed with BPA-free plastic, making it the best collapsible laundry basket available without harmful chemicals. You can stop worrying about your plastic laundry hamper causing harm to family members or pets.
- Solid, durable construction: Made of durable but flexible plastic, this bin won’t crack and break like so many hard plastic baskets do. Sammart has also put considerable thought into the handles. They are made to fit comfortably into your hand without sharp edges and they are integrated into the construction so they won’t break off.
- Pops up and collapses to save space: This is a collapsible laundry basket, so you can keep it anywhere and use it at your leisure. When it’s not in use, fold each side down and place it against the wall, in a closet, under the bed, or in the laundry room.
- Useful for multiple tasks, not just laundry: This bin comes in several colors that can be used for various purposes. The Sammart doubles as a washtub, making giving pets a bath more convenient and comfortable for all. It can also be used to store drinks on ice, keeping them cold in hot weather.
- Designed to fit into any space: The Sammart was designed to stand perfectly in any space. No matter the angle of the space, it will stay upright and straight without having to adjust it. This is a well-made feature of this multipurpose plastic laundry basket that makes it great for everyday use.
- Extreme portability for use anywhere: With its ultra collapsible design, the Sammart can be taken absolutely anywhere without having to struggle. Simply fold it closed and carry it with you on beach trips, to barbeques, family gatherings, adventurous outings, and any other event that could use some extra storage space.
The Sammart makes it easy to be out and about, so you should give it a try before discounting it as an option for a laundry basket. Consider some things when it comes to laundry baskets and how this one can benefit you.
- No lid: This hamper doesn’t come with a lid, so dirty laundry will be open for others to see. This would make it best for a closet or a laundry room that does not get a lot of guest traffic. Wouldn’t want a stranger staring at your undies, right?
- Be careful with damp clothes: There are no ventilation holes in the plastic, so sweaty or damp clothes at the bottom of the basket will be prone to developing mildew. Best to let workout gear or damp towels air dry before tossing them into the hamper.
- Does not include separate compartments: If you want something to help pre-sort and organize laundry, then this may not be the best option. It does not have separate compartments or sections, and if you want to keep things in order you’ll have to use your own tools and ideas to keep things neat.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|dimensions||22.5 x 17.5 x 10.5 in||28 x 27 x 14 in||24.3 x 18.2 x 14.1 in|
|color||Grey, white||Brown||White, blue|
|material||Plastic (BPA free)||Abaca fiber||Rubber|
|capacity||2 loads||4 loads||2 loads|
|extra||Collapsible||Set & forget||Stackable|
|weight||3 lbs||20 lbs||3.09 lbs|
As a no-frills holder for dirty laundry, this basket more than fills the bill, but it can do so much more.
If you are looking for something that can do more than your average laundry basket, then take a look at the Sammart Collapsible Plastic Pop-Up Laundry Basket. Made of durable plastic with handles that won’t break or crack, it can easily hold two regular wash-loads of dirty clothes.
As a no-frills holder for dirty laundry, this basket more than fills the bill, but it can do so much more. Use it as a washtub for bathing pets or as a tub to keep party beverages on ice. Buy a few and color coordinate to keep the kids’ toys organized. Whatever your storage needs, the Sammart will come in handy. Plus it easily collapses for easy storage when not in use.
The next time you’re thinking of replacing your laundry basket or adding to your storage arsenal, look for the Sammart.
Best Laundry Basket Buying Guide
Durable and built to last
A woven or wood laundry basket that must be cleaned with hand-wash detergent or a basket that blends in with the décor can be beautiful, but that makes little difference if it falls apart after 3 trips to the washing machine.
Flexible plastic and thick canvas are very strong and plastic is resistant to mildew and water. Wicker can become warped when exposed to water and is prone to mold and mildew. Keep in mind single construction baskets are stronger and last longer than multi-piece construction.
Sturdy, comfortable handles
You are lifting a heavy basket of clothes and will need handles that make the task easier. Avoid handles with ridges as they can dig into your skin, making the task of doing laundry even more unappealing.
This basket is also traveling from one place to another, so you will want to make sure you can lift it, strap it onto your back or drag it by the handles without them breaking or ripping. The best laundry basket has a handle that inspires confidence.
Nice, smooth finish
The same way rough wood hangers or a clothes drying rack can snag delicate fabric, a wicker, plastic or jute laundry basket can damage your clothing as well. Wicker is susceptible to breaks in the material that snag, but plastic baskets typically have the smoothest finishes.
There is nothing worse than a basket that has damaged your clothing. This is something that just shouldn’t happen. In order to prevent this kind of accident, look for baskets that have a smooth finish.
Ventilation to let clothes breathe
Both smelly workout clothes drenched in sweat and slightly damp workout clothes alike need good air circulation. Any damp clothing buried at the bottom of a basket that has little to no ventilation can develop mold.
Lots of holes in a basket’s design is a great way to make sure mold does not happen. Proper ventilation also helps to dry thick, bulky items, like towels and blue jeans, that were still slightly damp when they came out of the clothes dryer.
You probably gave as much thought to the shape of your laundry basket as you did your ironing board, but the right shape can transform your laundry experience.
Baskets that hug the hip aren’t easier to carry for most people and hold less clothing than other shapes. Round baskets will have you re-folding laundry as they don’t hold folded clothes properly at all. Rectangle and square shapes hold folded clothes, but rectangular shapes can handle a higher amount of overflow for folded or dirty laundry.
Think about what you wash and how often you wash it. If you live in a small household and do laundry every week or multiple times a week, a smaller basket could be enough to handle your needs. Someone who washes much less often or a larger household would need a larger basket.
If you are washing large items like bathroom towels, you may need an extra-large laundry basket. Just remember that a larger basket will often be heavier when full, too.
Sorts your clothes
Some people do not separate their lights, darks and whites (gasp!), but for the many people that do, a double laundry hamper can help you sort dirty clothes before you wash for an easier time on laundry day.
If you are in a home with multiple people, a laundry basket organizer system can even be created using stackable baskets. You can put each member’s clothes in separate baskets or separate things out by what room they belong in (kitchen, bath, etc.).
Multi-functional / versatile
Baskets typically transport dirty clothes from the hamper to the washer and returns clean clothes to their respective places. For many people, however, having a basket where they can store dirty clothes, and then take them straight to the washer is just more convenient than collecting clothes from the hamper.
A wicker laundry basket with a liner that can be removed or a basket that turns into a carrying bag is great for people who want only one basket to handle all their needs.
If you have trouble lifting and carrying heavy amounts of weight or have a household that produces a ton of laundry, a laundry basket with wheels can help you easily push or pull it to the laundry room and back. It also makes collecting and distributing clothes around the house easier.
Certainly not the best laundry basket for stairs, this type of basket only works when everything is located on the same floor or if you have access to an elevator.
Tasteful, appealing appearance
Honestly, the way your basket looks only matters if you have put in in a place that is visible to anyone other than you.
Plastic is usually unattractive; if you want a stylish laundry basket, wicker and bamboo offer a wide range of styles to choose from and you can match them to your home décor, but they tend to be more expensive than any other type. Cloth baskets can be embellished with your name or the type of laundry the basket holds.
Easy to clean
Your laundry basket, no matter the material it’s made from, will get dirty at some point. Since you are transporting cleans clothes in the basket as well, you don’t want your basket to soil the clean clothes you’ve just finished cleaning.
Washable bags can easily be thrown in the machine with your clothes. Plastic, too, is easy to clean; it is also resistant to mold and mildew. Wicker is more intensive to clean but removable liners can make the job easier for you.
Floor space not needed
You may not have the dedicated floor space for a freestanding basket, but what do you do if you still need a basket near you if are going to use your basket to store your dirty clothes.
Hanging baskets are just what you need. A woven laundry basket is strong enough to hang on a door and can easily be carried to the washer. There are also hanging models that go over the door or can actually be hung inside of your closet.
Collapsible design for convenient storage
One of the main things that frustrates people when it comes to a laundry basket is how they take up space when they are not in use. This is especially true if you’re away at school living in a dorm room.
Instead of letting your basket take up much needed space, try a basket that collapses or folds. Some models even fold flat and can be tucked away in your closet, between your bed and the wall or any place else you can squeeze it.
No airing of dirty laundry
Do you hate looking at messy, soiled clothing or have a problem with guests seeing your unmentionables? A laundry hamper with a lid prevents that from happening. These same baskets will usually keep all your clothes completely out of site, just be sure it is properly ventilated.
Lids don’t necessarily keep the odor from dirty clothes away, ventilation does that, but some people refuse to buy anything that lets their clothes peak through. This one is all about your personal preferences.
A basket that makes laundry day more bearable does not have to cost a lot of money. Both rectangular and square plastic laundry baskets are extremely affordable, strong enough to hold laundry detergent and fabric softener in addition to an entire load and will last for a long time.
More importantly, a laundry basket should not be an issue that you continue to worry about after the purchase is made. The best laundry basket is the one that you don’t think about.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which material is best for a laundry basket?
The great thing about a basket is that the material doesn’t matter, just how well the material functions within the overall unit. It also should function for your current lifestyle.
If you want low maintenance and durability, plastic is the way to go as it cleans easily and lasts a long time. Wicker is beautiful and stylish but takes more care to maintain. Mesh tears easily but can easily be folded and stored away until you need it.
Is one basket enough for all my laundry?
It depends on how many people are in your home. If pounds and pounds of laundry can be expected per week, it is likely one basket will not be able to hold all of the household’s clothing.
Also consider getting more baskets if you have recently added a new family member to your home. Babies go through a lot of clothes very quickly. They may need a basket all to themselves. Hopefully you have a clothes rack to handle those loads.
Do eco-friendly laundry baskets exist?
Absolutely! There are a surprising number of options for people looking to lessen their impact on the environment.
Baskets handcrafted by indigenous populations of developing countries support sluggish economies, like those in Rwanda and Bangladesh. You can also find baskets made of recycled wire, egg crates, milk jugs and wire. Don’t forget you can get creative and make your own or break out the sewing kit and that old ironing board cover to repair old liners and bags. No one else will have anything like it.
How do you clean a wicker basket?
Natural plant fibers are usually what many wicker baskets are made from so soaking it in water is definitely not recommended; even a handheld clothes steamer is dangerous. To remove the dust, use a feather duster. For dirt deep crevices, use a vacuum hose and a soft brush to clean.
To remove mildew or mold, a 3:1 mixture of water to vinegar will get the job done. Dip a soft cloth in the mixture and thoroughly wipe affected spots down. Make sure it dries completely.
Why do sweaty clothes take so long to dry in my basket?
Though your basket should be able to deal with slightly damp clothing, try not to let any really wet clothes get stuck buried underneath a ton of clothing inside of your basket.
With that being said, the real issue is most likely a lack of proper ventilation. If you have a design that is closed, with very few holes to allow any air to come through, you will find yourself stuck with moldy, mildewed clothing more often than you’d like.
- Airing the Dirty Laundry Basket's History, Los Angeles Times, May 14, 1994
- Willow Laundry Basket, Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Washing clothes and household linen: 19th century laundry methods and equipment, Old And Interesting, Sep 30, 2010
- 10 best laundry baskets, The Independent, May 13, 2015
- Hamper, Wikipedia
- Laundry Baskets & Washing Baskets, IKEA
- The Best Laundry Basket (and Hampers), The Wirecutter, Jun 24, 2014
- The Best Laundry Baskets of 2018, The Spruce, Nov 22, 2018
- 12 Best Laundry Baskets and Hampers 2018, New York Magazine, Sep 11, 2018
- The best laundry baskets you can buy, Business Insider, May 25, 2017