After 44 hours spent researching the best dog fetch toys, we think West Paw Zogoflex Ball Dog Fetch Toy is the best for most people.
This choice is based on several criteria: brand, type, size, color, material, texture, durable, fun, fetch, catch, floating, squeak, non-toxic, washable, and warranty, among other things.
|Product||Price||Overall Rating||Quality||Durability||Appearance||Maintenance||Value for Money||brand||type||size||color||material||texture||durable||fun||fetch||catch||floating||squeak||non-toxic||washable||warranty|
|West Paw Zogoflex Ball Dog Fetch Toy||Check Price||4.3||4.5||4.0||4.5||4.0||4.5||West Paw||Ball||2.5 in, 4 in||Yellow, purple, blue||Plastic||Soft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||30 days|
|Chuckit! Kick Fetch Ball Dog Fetch Toy||Check Price||4.8||5.0||4.5||5.0||4.5||5.0||Chuckit!||Ball||6 in, 8 in||Orange, blue / Green, white||Canvas, rubber, foam||Hard||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||30 days|
|Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Ball Dog Fetch Toy||Check Price||4.4||5.0||4.0||4.0||4.5||4.5||Planet Dog||Ball||3 in||Orange, blue||Rubber||Soft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||30 days|
|Tugrrr Natural Tough Rope Dog Fetch Toy||Check Price||4.5||5.0||4.0||4.5||4.5||4.5||Tugrrr||Rope||8 x 2 in||Green, white||Cotton||Soft||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||30 days|
|Kong Durable Frisbee Disc Dog Fetch Toy||Check Price||4.9||5.0||5.0||5.0||4.5||5.0||Kong||Frisbee||9 in||Red||Rubber||Hard||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||14 days|
- Selection Of The Best Dog Fetch Toys
- Best Dog Fetch Toy Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Having the best dog fetch toy does a lot for the personal growth of your dog or puppy, offering amazing benefits.
It can keep them from chewing your stuff, and get them moving physically, help them relax and best of all bond with you.
Dogs really trust their owners to take care of them and most happily oblige. Though it can be tough, you are right by their side whether they need a dog wheelchair, dog muzzle or dog cone from the vet, or a dog anxiety jacket waiting for them in their dog crate after a stressful situation.
As a loyal owner, you everything a canine could possibly need to help them look good, including a dog nail clipper, dog brush and dog toothpaste. It’s obvious you treat your pups as well as yourself, if not much better. When was the last time you bought the human equivalent of a dog grooming table for your well-being?
It’s all worth it when they run to the door at the sight of their dog retractable leash. Not only do you take the dog pooper scooper and dog poop bags on a walk, but also have a dog interactive toy, an automatic dog ball launcher and their favorite dog treats ready for a good game of fetch.
Your dog is the best roommate you’ll ever have and you are reminded of it every day.
Selection Of The Best Dog Fetch Toys
Here are the best dog fetch toys for most people according to Outlinist:
Is there anything more enjoyable for your dog to play with than a ball?
Chances are, probably not. A ball makes one of the best dog fetch toys around.
There are dog balls for water, dog rubber balls, even a dog ball launcher; so yes, balls are a big deal.
The best dog balls can float, bounce and, most importantly, are indestructible for hours of endless play.
Choose the toughest dog fetch toy ball. Choose West Paw Zogoflex Ball Dog Fetch Toy and you’ll have one happy dog.
This dog ball is as indestructible as you can find. It is made from mostly rubber components and has a tough exterior texture.
If a ball was just a ball, then dog toy companies like West Paw wouldn’t strive to create a one-of-a-kind dog fetch toy like this Zogoflex ball. However, a ball is not just any old fetch toy, that’s why West Paw uses unique designs and textures to create a special toy.
This dog ball is as indestructible as you can find. It is made from mostly rubber components and has a tough exterior texture. Underneath, it uses unique Zogoflex air technology to create a squish unlike any other. In fact, you might not be able to squish this ball, but a dog’s strong jaws can, giving them the satisfying endorphin release that they need.
As durable as this toy is, it is lightweight, weighing only 9.6 ounces. This means it can be thrown farther, bounce higher, and is safer for your dog to carry without damaging their back or neck. In addition, these Zogoflex balls even float.
|size||2.5 in, 4 in|
|color||Yellow, purple, blue|
This toy has a rugged, bumpy texture that is designed to be more stimulating for your dog’s senses. In addition to the squishy feel, they’re sure to go chasing after it time and time again for endless hours of fun.
This product is available in two sizes; a small size at 2.5 inches, and large at 4 inches. It also comes in three different vibrant colors: Currant, Dandelion, and Peacock.
West Paw makes toys for any sized dog and any type of chewer. This one specifically falls under the moderate chewer category. They keep your dog’s needs and preferences in mind when creating this fun toy that’s perfect for a good game of fetch.
The only thing better than a plain old ball, is a ball with style. West Paw creates an exterior that is interesting for your pup.
What makes a product the best? The number of great things you can list about it is a good start, and this West Paw dog fetch toy has a very long list of highlights. You’ll love how this unique ball works on all types of terrain, but there’s more.
- Floats in water: Sometimes you need to be able to have fun in the water, so choose this Zogoflex ball that can float. If your dog is a swimmer, enjoy the pool or the beach by playing a game of fetch that has a splashing finish.
- Bounces on all terrain: The bumpy, rugged texture of this ball is designed to bounce on any surface – smooth, rocky, grass or pavement. No matter where you travel to, take this West Paw Zogoflex ball with you for hours of endless fun.
- Variety of sizes: Not all dog toys are one size fits all. Choose the wrong size and it may be too heavy for your pet, causing neck injury. This company has created a ball with two sizes; one large, one small so that any sized pet can play.
- Dishwasher safe: Pet parents know that dogs drooling over their toys means regular washings are required. Fortunately this one is easy to clean. It’s as simple as placing it in the dishwasher, since it’s rubber exterior is dishwasher safe and water resistant.
- Exciting texture: The only thing better than a plain old ball, is a ball with style. West Paw creates an exterior that is interesting for your pup. Feeling its irregular, bumpy surface with their nose is more stimulating while placing it in their mouth creates a unique experience as well.
- Fits into ball launcher: As out-of-the-box as this product might be, it still fits inside most dog ball launchers. This means you can play even more conveniently. Whether you use a ball launcher or not, this ball does fit easily in the palm of your hand as well, perfect for throwing.
This West Paw Zogoflex ball bounces off any surface, it floats, and has a great grip for long tosses. There are still a few downsides about this product that are worth mentioning.
- May be a little too hard: If your pup really likes to sink his teeth into a ball, they might not like this one. It’s fairly dense and doesn’t have a lot of give to it. Because it’s fairly hard, you need to be careful not to hit the dog with the ball when throwing it.
- Grooves can be a weak link: There are grooves around the bumps on the surface of this ball that can provide the entryway for aggressive chewers to ruin it. Once a dog that loves to chew finds this weak spot, they’ll make quick work of it. Not all dogs find this vulnerability, though.
- Odd texture: There’s no doubt that the texture of this West Paw toy is cool, but it might also be odd for some canines. The rubber exterior often has an almost sticky texture, especially when wet. This is unappealing to some dogs.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||West Paw||Chuckit!||Planet Dog|
|size||2.5 in, 4 in||6 in, 8 in||3 in|
|color||Yellow, purple, blue||Orange, blue / Green, white||Orange, blue|
|material||Plastic||Canvas, rubber, foam||Rubber|
|warranty||30 days||30 days||30 days|
West Paw’s Zogoflex is a special material that uses air technology to create a squish unlike any other.
You’ve never seen a toy like the West Paw Zogoflex Ball Dog Fetch Toy. This product is more than just a ball and keeps your dog’s desire to play in mind.
Playtime is the best time for exercise and fun. That’s why this product bounces off any terrain and even floats in the water allowing for water exercise. In addition, it is lightweight and durable which means your fun never has to end.
West Paw’s Zogoflex is a special material that uses air technology to create a squish unlike any other. You might not be able to squish the ball, but your dog’s strong teeth can. This makes the squish and the chewing part more enjoyable, releasing more endorphins in your pup for a happier, healthier, dog.
If your dog could talk, they’d likely tell you that their favorite pastime is without a doubt, fetch.
So get them a dog fetch toy that’s up to the challenge.
What better way to play fetch than with a classic ball? The best dog balls are better than your typical, tennis ball though.
Today’s dog toy companies know that the more easily a dog can catch or grab a ball, the more likely your dog is to play with it.
Don’t settle for cheap toys that can fall apart and cause choking hazards. For the best games of fetch, choose a toy that’s designed to fit safely in a dog’s mouth.
This product is fun, but more importantly, it’s fun that will last.
The Chuckit! Kick Fetch Ball Dog Fetch Toy is one you and your dog will fall in love with immediately.
Chuckit fetch toys are more than just dog toys, they are a way for you and your dog to interact in a fun and healthy way. Once your dog gets bored, the first thing they’ll turn to is destruction. Beat boredom with this ball and you won’t believe how many different ways you can play.
Throw, punt, pass, or just straight up chuck it – with this ball you can do it all. No matter which way you play, your pup will always come back for more. That’s because this Chuckit fetch ball is easy to pick up again and again. It comes in vibrant orange and blue colors for high visibility, and deep grooves make it easy to pick up.
|size||6 in, 8 in|
|color||Orange, blue / Green, white|
|material||Canvas, rubber, foam|
This product is fun, but more importantly, it’s fun that will last. It is made of a combination of foam and rubber, for durability, with just enough squish. Your dog will never be able to predict which way it’s going to bounce. Even if it lands in the water, this ball is safe for fun because it floats too.
There are 2 sizes of Chuckit balls available – large and small. You can purchase a Chuckit ball in a one, two, three, four, or five pack so the fun truly never has to stop.
If you’re a dog owner looking for a new way to have fun, all it takes is a simple Chuckit.
Bored dogs turn destructive, most often chewing on your furniture, on your carpets, and your favorite pair of shoes.
There’s a reason our favorite products are favorites, and Chuckit is definitely one of them. This product has plenty of benefits to offer you and your pet. When you purchase a Chuckit ball, there’s no doubt your purchase goes a long way.
- Lightweight: Weighing only 12.6 ounces and measuring only 6 inches by 6 inches, this dog fetch toy is incredibly manageable. This means no matter the size of your dog, you don’t have to worry about it being too heavy on your dog’s neck or back muscles.
- Easy to grab: These balls have a unique design with deep grooves that make it easy for a dog of any size to pick up and drop. That means they can play with ease and without stress. It is also easy for you, the owner, to handle. The deep grooves make it perfect for throwing.
- Floats: A ball that floats is ideal for any dog that loves to jump in the water, and even those that don’t. For all those tosses into the water, a ball that floats is easier to save, swim after, and have fun with.
- Vibrant color: Chuckit balls are also known for their unique and vibrant colors. This product specifically is a bright orange and blue color, making it easy to see and play with. These colors are more stimulating and easy to see no matter how far you chuck it.
- Prevents boredom: A fetch toy is the key to preventing boredom with your pup. Bored dogs turn destructive, most often chewing on your furniture, on your carpets, and your favorite pair of shoes. With this product you can work out all that excess energy and cure your dog’s boredom.
- Ideal for flat-faced dogs: The unique grooves in this Chuckit ball make it an ideal play toy for dogs even with a flat face. Without a snout, flat-faced dogs have a hard time picking up some toys, however the grooves in this toy allow even these pups to pick it up with ease.
This one-of-a-kind fetch toy with its unique ridge design, is a favorite of many, but it still has a few cons worth mentioning. Any smart buyer should be aware of the drawbacks with this Chuckit toy as well as all its positive features.
- May rip at seams: In order to get the unique design, this Chuckit ball has pieces that are sewn together which creates seams. After some time, this ball might rip at the seams. If you have an aggressive chewer, it might not take that much time at all.
- Not highly durable: Although this product is designed to provide endless play, it might not be as durable as it seems. The seams are a weak point and the squishy foam areas make it susceptible to damage. For this reason it might help to buy this product in a multi-pack.
- Not for large breeds: This product is somewhat small and thus susceptible to damage by large dogs. Large dogs might find it easier to destroy the Chuckit ball. The smaller size might also be less entertaining for large breed dogs. However, if you have a small to medium sized dog, this product is perfect.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||Chuckit!||West Paw||Planet Dog|
|size||6 in, 8 in||2.5 in, 4 in||3 in|
|color||Orange, blue / Green, white||Yellow, purple, blue||Orange, blue|
|material||Canvas, rubber, foam||Plastic||Rubber|
|warranty||30 days||30 days||30 days|
So if your dog loves the pool or the beach, be sure to have this dog fetch toy along with you. This ball is one of the easiest for dogs to carry and play with, even flat faced dogs.
The Chuckit! Kick Fetch Ball Dog Fetch Toy is one of kind. You can chuck it, kick it, punt it, or throw it, and your dog is sure to have fun.
This product is also fun whether you’re on land or in the water because this Chuckit ball floats. So if your dog loves the pool or the beach, be sure to have this dog fetch toy along with you. This ball is one of the easiest for dogs to carry and play with, even flat faced dogs. This is because of the unique thick grooves that make it easy for them to sink their teeth into.
With high visibility colors, this ball is easy to spot. There’s no doubt everything about the Chuckit ball makes it fun to play with.
When it comes to playing fetch, what’s your dog’s favorite dog fetch toy?
A rope? A stuffed animal? How about a ball? Dog fetch toy balls are beloved by many dogs.
Dog toys might come in a wide variety of styles, but nothing beats a ball. It’s easy to catch, throw, can go long distances, and even float.
A ball can even be considered a dog toy for aggressive chewers, as long as you pick the right one.
Don’t choose just any ball to play fetch with. Be sure your dog cannot bite off pieces, that the materials used are safe for them to lick and chew, and even research the manufacturer when you can.
It is also one of the best dog toys around because it is equally as strong as it is safe.
The one dog fetch toy that doesn’t require a lot of research is the Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Ball Dog Fetch Toy.
Balls are one of the best dog toys for active dogs. They can be thrown longer for an even better game of chase and fetch. They’re easy to hold for you, and easy to pick up for your dog, for hours of endless fun. This medium-sized three-inch ball is even easier to play with because it is lightweight.
With a perfect size and shape, the Planet Dog ball is often used for training. Appeal to your dog’s hunting instincts while they hunt after and play with this ball. It even has a squeaker that makes it more desirable for your dog to play with and seek out.
No matter where they’re chasing this ball, it bounces higher and floats longer, making it one of the best dog ball toys.
It is also one of the best dog toys around because it is equally as strong as it is safe. While this toy does include a squeaker, there is no glue or adhesive used to attach it, and the ball is BPA free and non-toxic. Lastly, the Planet Dog ball is made of recyclable materials, so you can feel good about what your dog is playing with.
This dog toy is not only safe, but strong too. Made from Orbee-Tuff material, even the toughest dogs don’t stand a chance. This dog toy was designed for even the most aggressive chewers.
Floating dog balls are not always the easiest to come by, but Planet Dog knows a ball that can float goes a long way.
This Planet Dog fetch toy should be at the top of your list for many reasons. You and your canine companion will love this toy more than any other because of all the different, fun ways you can play.
- Flavored: Talk about a one-of-a-kind toy, how many do you know that are flavored? Planet Dog makes this dog fetch toy minty flavored and scented for irresistible play. Your dog will keep coming back to find this toy, while also cleaning their teeth at the same time.
- Durable: If you know anything about Planet Dog, then you know that they only use Orbee-Tuff rubber material for their balls. This material makes it harder for even the most aggressive chewers to chew through, giving your dog more quality fun.
- Lightweight: At less than 4 ounces, this product is incredibly lightweight. That means you can throw it farther for an even better game of fetch. Your dog will also be able to pick it up easier, without the stress of neck or back injury.
- Suitable for all dog sizes: This 3 inch sized ball works well for dogs of any size. It is easy for small dogs to pick up, but still fun enough for large dogs to play with. It is also durable enough for any sized dog or chewer.
- Floats: Floating dog balls are not always the easiest to come by, but Planet Dog knows a ball that can float goes a long way. This means you and your dog can continue your epic game of fetch even if you are near the water; just be sure your dog can swim first.
- Eco-friendly: You can feel good about purchasing a Planet Dog toy, since it is made of recyclable and eco-friendly materials. Leave a smaller environmental footprint with this product and even recycle it when your dog is finished with it.
There’s no such thing as a perfect product, but with Planet Dog is sure does come close. There are a few downsides worth mentioning, but all things considered, you’ll still love this dog fetch toy.
- Squeaker may not work: We love that this toy is tough, but it might be a little too tough. The squeaker is very hard to squeak and/or may not work since it is deeply embedded within tough rubber material. It seems only the strongest bites can make noise.
- Pieces may come off: No matter how durable a product, it seems that pieces always inevitably come off. Especially with any kind of rubber ball, if it breaks down even the slightest over time, pieces can rip off and get swallowed, which is unsafe for your pet. If you notice a few pieces coming loose, take the ball away from the dog and put it in the recycle bin.
- Not ideal for small dogs: This product may not be good for use with small dogs. Although the size is ideal, the toughness is not. Smaller jaws may not be able to chomp down on this ball to get a good grip or get to the squeaker.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||Planet Dog||West Paw||Chuckit!|
|size||3 in||2.5 in, 4 in||6 in, 8 in|
|color||Orange, blue||Yellow, purple, blue||Orange, blue / Green, white|
|material||Rubber||Plastic||Canvas, rubber, foam|
|warranty||30 days||30 days||30 days|
With a squeaker, minty scented goodness, and a bright orange or blue color, following their instincts will be easy and fun.
Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Ball Dog Fetch Toy is a modern take on the classic fetch ball.
Now you have yet another reason to play fetch with your dog – this colorful Planet Dog ball. Fetch is the perfect game to improve your dog’s behavior, give your dog the exercise they need, bond with them, and practice their natural dog instincts. With a squeaker, minty scented goodness, and a bright orange or blue color, following their instincts will be easy and fun.
In addition to instincts, this product is simply fun for them to chew and fun for you to throw. It is durable enough to withstand any game of fetch and keep your dog begging for more. Don’t settle for just any game of fetch, play the best game with the best dog fetch toy.
All dogs love to play – with you, with their toys, and, unfortunately, with the furniture.
Direct their chewing away from the items you love and choose a dog fetch toy instead.
Using sticks to play fetch is not the best idea. Sticks are hard and jagged and can too easily cut a dog’s mouth.
Instead, consider a rope toy that’s large enough to be tossed and durable enough to stand up to a dog’s teeth. Better yet, find one that does double duty as a dog toy for tug of war and playing fetch.
How do you choose the right one? Start by making sure it’s a dog toy that’s indestructible.
Tugrrr toys are made of all natural, 100%, non-toxic, cotton. This means that while they’re chewing they can actually be cleaning their teeth at the same time.
A dog toy rope is one of the best dog fetch toys around because you can play a little fetch and a little tug of war at the same time.
However, tug of war is no easy game to play. You need a dog toy for aggressive chewers, which is why the Tugrrr Natural Tough Rope Dog Fetch Toy is the best choice. Made of quality knots intertwined for durability and fun, this dog fetch toy is truly indestructible.
The knots create a tough toy, but also entertain your pup for hours. This toy is so versatile, if your dog is particularly aggressive when chewing, you can even freeze it and their chewing can last even longer. If that’s not enough, this toy even doubles as a teeth cleaner.
|size||8 x 2 in|
Tugrrr toys are made of all natural, 100%, non-toxic, cotton. This means that while they’re chewing they can actually be cleaning their teeth at the same time. Whether your puppy is teething or your older dog simply chews for fun, clean teeth are part of a healthy dog’s lifestyle.
This product is approximately 8 inches long by 2 inches around and only weighs 6.4 ounces, making it lightweight and manageable for any dog, but perfect for medium to large size dogs. Although it comes in one size, you may purchase this toy in a pack of three for fun that never ends even if it rips or breaks.
If you’ve been dying for your dog to wear off a little energy in a healthy, fun way, this Tugrrr rope toy is the perfect solution.
Playing fetch with your best furry friend is a bonding experience, but a tug of war toy can bring you even closer together – literally.
Part of choosing a quality dog fetch toy is selecting one that will benefit your pup the most. The Tugrrr rope has a long list of advantages for you and your dog.
- Cleans teeth: Not many toys can be fun and practical too, but this Tugrrr can. Its solid knots are sturdy enough to hold up against your dog’s teeth and help clean them, while the all-natural 100% cotton fibers are completely safe.
- Quality knots: This tug of war rope is actually more than just a rope; it’s a series of high-quality knots all tied together to make one, fun, durable toy. We know your dog will not be able to chew through even the first knot, but if they happen to, there are plenty more to chew through.
- Bonding play: Playing fetch with your best furry friend is a bonding experience, but a tug of war toy can bring you even closer together – literally. With tug of war, you and your dog play together in close proximity and it requires give and take from both of you.
- Easy to handle: When it comes to throwing for fetch or for tug of war, you’ve got to have a good grip; both you and your pup. That’s why Tugrrr toys are easy to handle. Your dog can easily sink their teeth into the thick knots while the rope structure is comfortable for you to grip as well.
- All-natural materials: Dog toy materials matter. You’d be surprised by how many dog toys actually have toxic ingredients that could harm your pup. This fetch toy only uses 100% all-natural cotton, so your dog is safe while they play.
- Helps dog rescues: It makes pet owners feel good to know that when they purchase a Tugrrr toy, they’re supporting dog rescues everywhere. Whenever you purchase this product, part of the proceeds goes to organizations such as the Niagara SPCA nonprofit.
Dog will play fetch with just about anything, but that doesn’t mean they should. Choose a quality toy, made of all-natural fibers like this Tugrrr rope, and you’ll find that the few disadvantages it has won’t be deal breakers.
- Durability could be better: As high-quality as this natural rope toy is, it may not hold up to really hard chewers as much as you’d like. In particular, the ends of the rope aren’t tied together tightly enough. A little more reinforcement would be helpful.
- Long strings can be unsafe: With any rope or tug of war toy, you must always be careful of unraveling. This toy may unravel after some time playing with it. Keep in mind however that Tugrrr creates quality knots to prevent unraveling.
- Could be longer for safer tugging: At 8″ x 2″ around, the rope is sized perfectly for a fetch toy, but playing tug with it can put your hands a little too close to your dog’s teeth. A little more length would be nice to protect your fingers.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|size||8 x 2 in||2.5 in, 4 in||6 in, 8 in|
|color||Green, white||Yellow, purple, blue||Orange, blue / Green, white|
|material||Cotton||Plastic||Canvas, rubber, foam|
|warranty||30 days||30 days||30 days|
Made of tough, 100% all-natural cotton, your dog will love fetching and chewing on this rope toy and you’ll love knowing that it’s made of materials that are completely safe for your dog.
The Tugrrr Natural Tough Rope Dog Fetch Toy comes in a pack of three and will provide hours of fun for you and your dog.
Made of tough, 100% all-natural cotton, your dog will love fetching and chewing on this rope toy and you’ll love knowing that it’s made of materials that are completely safe for your dog. Its high-quality knots are perfect for teething puppies and will even help to clean your dog’s teeth.
This Tugrrr toy is the perfect size for a game of fetch, and as its name suggests, is durable and strong enough to hold up to some good tug of war games. Show your pup some love and get a toy you can rely on for every play time.
Every dog loves to play fetch, usually for a lot longer than you do.
Don’t settle for a low-quality dog fetch toy that can’t hold up. The longer the toy can last, the more fun and exercise your dog gets.
You might think Fido enjoys playing fetch with a good old fashioned stick, but in fact, sticks can do more harm than good.
They can damage the mouth or even your dog’s neck if they are too heavy. The best dog fetch toys are from the trusted brands we know and love.
The most trusted of them all being the one and only Kong dog toys.
If your dog is tired of balls or has trouble getting their mouth around a ball, this dog toy in a Frisbee disc shape can provide endless play.
For more than just a chew toy, choose one of the best dog toys for active dogs with the Kong Durable Frisbee Disc Dog Fetch Toy. This toy is designed to beat boredom and provide hours and hours of play.
Whether you’re shopping for fetch toys for small dogs or large ones, with two sizes available, Kong satisfies both. This toy comes in small and large, and red or black. The large size is 9 inches in diameter, and works well for dogs up to 85 pounds.
This dog fetch toy is lightweight and durable. Weighing only 10.4 ounces, it is easy for your dog to pick up but it also flies far enough and can also withstand those heavy chewers. The natural rubber that Kong uses makes it safe for teeth and gums, and also strong enough to last.
If your dog is tired of balls or has trouble getting their mouth around a ball, this dog toy in a Frisbee disc shape can provide endless play. Fight boredom, chewing, digging, weight gain and any other obstacles your dog may be facing in life, by getting in some quality play time for both of you.
Made of non-toxic materials, this product is safe for your dog, so you don’t have to worry about what’s getting in your dog’s mouth. The durable rubber will also not break into pieces like hard plastic, so you don’t have to worry about choking.
A Frisbee is a good way to play fetch with your dog, but a Kong Frisbee is the best way.
Kong is well known for making the softest, most durable rubber dog toys, and this Frisbee is no exception.
When it comes to Kong fetch toys, you might even love the brand more than your dog does. That’s because Kong gives you more benefits than one, for you and your dog to enjoy countless hours of fun. You can count on this high-quality dog toy playtime after playtime.
- Soft on teeth: The problem with those ancient fetch toys like sticks is that they’re hard on your dog’s teeth and gums. Today, with dog brands like Kong, toys are made out of soft rubber that’s easy on the teeth, while still tough on play.
- Variety of sizes: Whether you have a large dog or a small one, both can enjoy the benefits of this dog fetch toy, because it comes in two sizes. Choose between a large Frisbee disc or a small one, for any breed of dog, 85 pounds or less.
- Predictable flight pattern: The best part about fetch is when your dog can actually catch the toy. Put an end to the torture of not knowing exactly where that toy is going, by using this flying disc. It has a predictable flight pattern making it fun for your pooch to catch every time.
- Durable Kong rubber: Kong is well known for making the softest, most durable rubber dog toys, and this Frisbee is no exception. Although it might be in a slightly different shape, this product is built to last, with the same quality rubber you know and love.
- Great rebound: For all those times your dog can’t seem to get a grip, this toy has great rebound so they can catch it on the next bounce. It’s all about the chase anyway, so make it more fun with a toy that keeps on moving.
- Variety of ways to play: While fetching might be the most fun, there are a variety of ways to play with this flying disc. Throw it in the air for a great game of catch, or simply leave it to the side for your dog to chew on for some nice, independent play time.
Even with a few cons in mind, there’s a reason Kong has stayed in the game for so long. What few disadvantages this product may have, the quality and enjoyment it is sure to bring to your pup is incomparable.
- Short flying distance: If you’ve ever tried to throw a thick, rubber disc before, then you might notice it doesn’t fly quite as far as the regular thin plastic. Kong’s unique rubber texture makes it easy to stand up against the tough teeth, but with the exception that it travels less far.
- Does not float: If your good boy loves both fetching and playing in the water, this is not the product to choose. That’s because this, like other Kong products, does not float. This dog fetch toy is specifically intended to play with on solid ground, not in the water.
- Not a chew toy substitute: When used as a fetch toy, you can rely on its durability. It will last through the usual post-catch chewing and even the usual amount of tugging. But, put it out of sight when play time is over because it won’t hold up to constant heavy chewing.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|size||9 in||2.5 in, 4 in||6 in, 8 in|
|color||Red||Yellow, purple, blue||Orange, blue / Green, white|
|material||Rubber||Plastic||Canvas, rubber, foam|
|warranty||14 days||30 days||30 days|
Discs can be a lot more fun than your typical dog toy ball. They can glide through the air and stay in the air for longer, allowing your dog to get some jumps in.
One of the best ways to play fetch is with a dog Frisbee, and there’s no better disc than the Kong Durable Frisbee Disc Dog Fetch Toy.
Discs can be a lot more fun than your typical dog toy ball. They can glide through the air and stay in the air for longer, allowing your dog to get some jumps in. With this Kong disc, the rubber is soft enough to protect your dog from the hard plastic that regular Frisbees are made of. And it’s made to withstand a good amount of dog chewing.
Playing fetch is not only fun, but it’s in good health as well. Keeping your dog healthy is the best way to have a lifelong companion. Have fun and get healthy by playing fetch with this Kong dog fetch toy.
Best Dog Fetch Toy Buying Guide
Stuffed / Plush
You just can’t go wrong with any kind of plush or stuffed toy for smaller pooches. Perfect small dog toys because they are lightweight, these toys can be grabbed easily and carried back to you.
Super-soft and super-cuddly, not only can a dog plush toy be used for outdoor fetch, but indoor fetch as well. This comes in handy when the weather is bad and going outside isn’t an option. They come in an assortment of designs. In fact, there’s a plush toy for just about anything you can imagine.
Versatile, discs are great for a game of fetch and are very easy to send sailing through the air for active dogs that love jumping and catching. They can also be rolled on the ground when a dog is more in the mood to chase.
Discs are also some of the best dog toys for puppies you’ll find because they are lighter weight for easy carrying. Look for those that are thin enough for any size dog to get their mouths around.
One of the quintessential dog toys for fetch, man has been throwing wood sticks and twigs for dogs since the beginning of time. Though wood sticks are no longer the best as they put canines at risk for punctures, splinters or worse, luckily there are alternatives.
Your dog will be just as satisfied to retrieve a rubber stick-like toy as much as the real thing. With many to choose from, there’s a design for your pet. Just make sure it is easy to throw a good distance.
Tennis balls were once thought of as the best dog fetch toy, but they are abrasive and can be harmful to dogs. The course fuzz can lead to dental issues and the ball can get stuck in your pet’s throat.
For pets that love fetching balls, a tennis ball alternative for dogs is simple to find. These balls hold up to sharp teeth, bounce higher and can be thrown farther. Some even have cutouts for easier breathing as dogs return the ball in their mouths.
This kind of toy can be packed with fluffy and light filling, similar to plush toys, but they will have ropes attached somewhere for a game of tug-of-war between you and your canine pal.
Others are made from tough material, like rope or rubber and are going to be some of the best dog toys for heavy chewers. The handles or ropes also make them easier to toss or pick up, saving you from having to deal with dog slobber.
Safe and Non Toxic Materials
These toys are going to be in a dog’s mouth so they should be non-toxic. Check the label for BPA, Bromine, Lead, Arsenic, Phthalates, PVC, Melamine, Chromium and Cadmium. All of those are toxic to your pooch and should not be in any product you purchase.
Please be cautious of any product that does not identify the materials it’s made of, no matter how cute it is. It’s better to avoid it altogether. It is also a good idea to observe your pet’s behavior after playing with a new toy.
Easy to Wash
Toys that aren’t regularly cleaned will quickly become repulsive and full of bacteria. Look for anything that can be easily and quickly scrubbed, rinsed and dried. This is usually enough to remove dirt and any harmful germs.
If scrubbing toys by hand isn’t for you, it isn’t too hard to find some that can be cleaned in the dishwasher. While this is the ultimate convenience, some people find that they’d rather not clean their plates and glasses with a slimy ball.
Aerodynamic / Long Distance
Good aerodynamics is an essential feature of fetch toys for large dogs that love to run because you want the toy to go far. There’s nothing more frustrating (or embarrassing) than heaving a toy with all your might only for it to land in the grass five feet away.
They should be easy to throw and cover a long distance without much effort on your part. Remember that tossing something hollow versus a toy that has more weight will yield different results.
Soft and Smooth
Avoid toys that have sharp edges; they can cut or puncture an animal, as will anything that has small parts which present a choking hazard if they break off. Rough or coarse materials, like the nylon on a tennis ball, can wear tooth enamel down over time.
The best dog toys are going to be soft on your pup’s teeth. Biting down too forcefully on hard toys can crack a tooth, potentially resulting in costly tooth extractions. They are also great for puppies and senior dogs.
The best dog fetch toy has to be the right size for your puppy. To ensure a dog catching a ball in midair doesn’t choke or swallow the toy, only use soft balls for dogs that are bigger than their throats.
Tiny dogs love fetch too and manufacturers produce toys in various sizes so you can pick the right size and weight for your pet. Toys should be thinner for small dogs so they can comfortably pick them up and return them to you.
Extend the Chase
Just because a toy hits one spot on the ground, it doesn’t mean that’s where it will stay. Bouncy toys hit the ground and keep on moving, providing a bit more chase.
Toys with certain shapes will bounce less predictably than a smooth, round ball and are a great way to keep a dog guessing, especially if they are the type to get bored easily. Super-springy rubber toys will also bounce jump or roll in a ton of different directions.
The best toys for large dogs are going to be heavy-duty to stand up to the powerful chomping, catching, pulling and bouncing it is going to go through. Fire hose material, hemp canvas, nylon and rubber are all great for rigorous fetching, tossing and tugging.
Though some are designed for chewing and even keep teeth clean, most are not made for unsupervised chewing. Buying something made of tough materials will ensure that they can endure some post-fetch chewing that is bound to happen.
Good for the Water
On a hot summer day, there is nothing better than playing in the water to cool off and have fun. Floating dog balls and flying discs give you and your pet a great excuse to do just that.
When playing water fetch, a toy that floats should also be bright in color, just like a dog life jacket, so they are easy for your pup to see. If you can find some that have handles, they would make it even easier for canines to retrieve.
There are some dogs that absolutely go nuts over noisy, squeeze toys – even if their owners don’t. Squeaky balls for dogs add an extra element of fun for your pet as they make their way back to you.
If you do decide to get a squeaky toy, some may make a toy sink when water gets inside of it, so test it before playing water fetch. This noisy mechanism can wear out, but there are toys that come with a replacement.
Does your dog need to be coaxed into playing a game of fetch? A toy with a compartment for treats may be a good option. Dispenser toys are a good way to introduce fetch toys to your beloved pet, as long as you don’t end up over-rewarding them.
Similar to an automatic dog feeder that always provides a full bowl of kibble, access to treats shouldn’t be easy. The best dog fetch toy that releases tasty snacks should hold them securely, requiring a good roll or shake, even by powerful jaws.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I throw damaged toys away?
It’s probably a good idea to throw toys away that are already damaged or broken. The toys may contain small parts that have fallen off and might be ingested by your pooch accidentally. Besides that, a toy that is falling apart isn’t what you’d really want anyway.
When you throw a toy out, try to replace it with a new one. This will ensure your pet has something to play with once the old one has been taken away.
Are there risks with playing tug-of-war?
Tugging away at a rope or other toy after a dog returns it, though lots of fun, does have some risks that come along with it. Dogs suffering from arthritis or those that have dental issues shouldn’t play this game.
Tug-of-war and other games like it can bring out the aggressive side of your four-legged friend. Pets with aggressive tendencies may continue to challenge owners after they’ve given up or may bite. If there’s a history of aggression, avoid tuggable fetch toys.
Does my dog need supervision with a fetch toy?
When you give your dog a new toy and they start playing with it, they may need a lot of supervision as they may not know how to play with it just yet. Before you start throwing it long distances, only toss it a few feet, making sure they aren’t chewing it too much, for example.
This is especially true if you have a puppy. As they get older, you won’t have to supervise them. It will only be necessary for completely unfamiliar toys.
Are plush toys good for a big dog?
Plush toys are really adorable and make really great fetch toys that canines enjoy. For a big dog with a lot of chewing power, it’s a good idea to think twice before giving them this kind of toy to play with unsupervised. They can easily rip the toy apart, resulting in exposed stuffing.
The best dog fetch toy for aggressive chewers and bigger dogs will be very tough and durable. Reserve the plush toys for medium and small dogs or mild chewers.
How do I keep my dog from getting bored with her toy?
Most people don’t realize that variety is the way to go if you want your dog to have endless hours of play. Don’t just stick to the new toy, bring out the whole range of toys and alternate them every day.
Giving a dog the same toy day after day will inevitably lead to them getting bored with it. Once they get older, you may be able to teach them how to get toys they want from the toy box themselves.
- CIA's Top 10 Dog Training Tips, Central Intelligence Agency, Aug 26, 2015
- How two word-trained dogs integrate pointing and naming, National Institutes of Health, Apr 24, 2012
- Her Dogs Find Drugs, Washington State Department of Corrections, Dec 2, 2016
- Dog toy, Wikipedia
- See Spot Fetch, Western Oregon University
- Dog Fetch Toys, eBay
- Best Dog Fetch Toys: Ball, Disc, Stick & More, Chewy
- Dog Fetch Toys: Balls, Launchers & Rings for Dogs, Petco
- 6 steps to teaching your dog to fetch, Cesar's Way
- How to Teach a Dog to Fetch, WebMD Pets