After 38 hours spent researching the best cat beds, we think K&H Manufacturing Mod Heated Dream Cat Bed is the best for most people.
This choice is based on several criteria: brand, color, type, material, padding, capacity, comfortable, safe, moisture proof, odor proof, assembly required, machine wash, dimensions, weight, and warranty, among other things.
|Product||Price||Overall Rating||Quality||Durability||Appearance||Maintenance||Value for Money||brand||color||type||material||padding||capacity||comfortable||safe||moisture proof||odor proof||assembly required||machine wash||dimensions||weight||warranty|
|K&H Manufacturing Mod Heated Dream Cat Bed||Check Price||4.5||5.0||4.5||4.0||4.5||4.5||K&H Pet Products||Green, brown||Hard||Polyester||Yes||Not specified||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||22x 22 x 12 in||3.65 lbs||1 year|
|Snoozer Orthopedic Premium Cozy Cave Cat Bed||Check Price||4.9||5.0||5.0||4.5||5.0||5.0||Snoozer||Grey||Soft||Polyester||Yes||Not specified||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||19 x 15 x 17 in||2.4 lbs||1 year|
|Kivikis Handmade Ecological Sheep Wool Cat Bed||Check Price||4.8||5.0||4.5||4.5||5.0||5.0||Kivikis||Green, red, grey, blue, white||Soft||Wool||No||Up to 26 lbs||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||17 x 13 x 10 in||1.1 lbs||1 year|
|Little Dove Indian Teepee House Cat Bed||Check Price||4.4||5.0||4.5||4.0||4.0||4.5||Little Dove||Green, grey, yellow||Soft||Cotton||Yes||Up to 44 lbs||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||24 x 24 x 28 in||1.5 lbs||1 year|
|Mojonnie Soft Fleece Self-Warming Cat Bed||Check Price||4.5||5.0||4.5||4.5||4.0||4.5||Mojonnie||Brown, grey||Soft||Cotton||Yes||Up to 15 lbs||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||19.7 x 15.7 x 11.8 in||1.4 lbs||1 year|
- 1 Selection Of The Best Cat Beds
- 2 Best Cat Bed Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Sources
The best cat bed is going to make your cat feel safe and comfortable. It will also help you sleep better.
You’ll be able to sleep much longer than usual when your cat is no longer sharing a bed with you!
Just like an automatic cat litter box, a cat water fountain or cat litter, your cat’s preference is important when choosing a bed. No amount of catnip will make a cat use a bed they don’t like, but a cat will make space for the right one. It may rank up there with their favorite cat toy, cat scratching post, or cat food.
Beds are a source of comfort. When having a cat cone removed or a cat flea treatment, a cat bed mat can be placed in the cat carrier for a better ride. After a long day of wearing their cat harness or cat collar and cat leash, a cat bed offers relief.
Like a good cat scratching pad or cat tree, beds add to the life of your furniture. It gives your cat a place all its own to knead and claw and nuzzle and get hair everywhere. It is easy to think a cat bed is a luxury item, but the same way a cat litter mat keeps your house cleaner after your cat uses the cat litter box, a bed makes your home cleaner.
A good bed is where a cat can curl up and rest its head.
Selection Of The Best Cat Beds
Here are the best cat beds for most people according to Outlinist:
Name an animal that doesn’t like to be warm when they sleep. For sure, cats aren’t one of them.
Like you, your cat likes their bed to be warm, but most pet owners don’t even know that cat bed heaters are available.
If you’re wondering why your cat prefers warmth even under all that fur, it’s because their fur actually regulates their body temperature.
If the surface and air around them is hot, their luxurious fur functions as a bubble to protect their skin from feeling the heat.
That being said, it’s likely that your cat loves to be warm all year round.
The outside is pliable, yet durable and easily wiped clean, while the inside is removable and machine-washable.
If your cat does love a little extra warmth, you’ll want to find a heated cat bed. In fact, the K&H Manufacturing Mod Heated Cat Bed will have your cat sleeping soundly in no time.
This heated cat bed is a feline’s dream. On the outside it is made of a unique 600 Denier polyester, and on the inside includes a soft Lycra. The inside also includes a plush, polyfill pillow and the whole thing is easily assembled and removed with a simple zipper.
The outside is pliable, yet durable and easily wiped clean, while the inside is removable and machine-washable. The unique bowl design of this cat bed is like no other you’ve seen before. The large opening is suitable for all sized cats, and they will love climbing in and out of their warm bed.
|brand||K&H Pet Products|
|dimensions||22x 22 x 12 in|
This K&H product comes in three different color schemes: green and black, tan and black, and grey and black. The heated model includes a small 4-watt heating pad. This heating pad is removable and sensitive to your cat’s touch. As a safety feature, the pad will not heat without your cat’s presence, but once your cat is resting on it, after about 20 minutes will heat up.
The K&H cat bed has a unique, modern design that your cat is sure to love and take an interest to. The bowl design will cradle your cat to sleep and provide them a safe and secure place to rest.
If your cat is in need of a heated cat bed, choose K&H for happy cats.
The bowl design creates a space that is enclosed and feels more like a cave than a bed.
K&H Manufacturing is a trusted manufacturer of all things meant for your cat. When it comes to this product the benefits are endless. It is rare to find an innovative, comfortable, and unique cat bed such as this one, but those are only a few of the advantages.
- Easy to clean: This product is easy to assemble and easy to clean. You can give it a good shake before washing and have the option to hand or machine wash. Washing the bolsters is not recommended, but the foam can be spot cleaned and air dried.
- Unique design: Your cat can be picky, so you want a bed that is going to interest them enough to use it. That’s why the K&H pod is unlike any other cat bed your cat has seen before. It looks more like a toy than a bed.
- Safe to use: Heating pads are useful, but can be dangerous when not supervised properly. Thankfully this cat bed has safety built in to its design. The heating pad will not heat until your cat is resting on it. To test, place your hand on the pad and then place your hand on the pad after placing a pillow on it.
- Suitable for all sizes: K&H offers only one size for this model, but is big enough for all sized cats. The opening is large enough for all cats to easily enter and exit. This is rare to find in a cat bed, but now your big kitty doesn’t have to feel left out.
- Comfortable: If your cat isn’t comfortable, they won’t use their bed, it’s that simple. This K&H model however creates a dark, safe, space that cats prefer. The bowl design creates a space that is enclosed and feels more like a cave than a bed.
- Durable: Upon first look at this product, you can tell that it is more durable than most beds. It won’t shed and can’t be ripped up when your feline feels like a little terror. The polyester interior is soft, yet long-lasting, and the fact that you can easily unzip the parts to wash them, increases the bed’s longevity.
Even the best cat bed with a warmer may have a few drawbacks, and like with any product, it is important to know exactly what you are buying. You may notice some of these disadvantages with your K&H cat bed.
- Slight odor: Whether due to the polyester exterior, Lycra interior, heating pad, or combination of all three, this product may have a slightly unusual smell during use. The smell is comparable to plastic or an unidentified chemical smell. Whatever it is, you or your cat may not prefer it.
- More comfy: Although there is a polyfill pillow in the center of the bed, it is not as plush or comfy as it could be. Most cats prefer to burrow or snuggle when they sleep and while this bed is a great hiding spot, the inside is mostly bare.
- Uneven zipper: For the high-quality workmanship and materials found in the rest of the product, the uneven zipper is the last thing you would expect. Although it does not ruin the integrity or function of the product, an uneven zipper can make it more challenging to unzip, wash, and assemble.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||K&H Pet Products||Snoozer||Kivikis|
|color||Green, brown||Grey||Green, red, grey, blue, white|
|capacity||Not specified||Not specified||Up to 26 lbs|
|dimensions||22x 22 x 12 in||19 x 15 x 17 in||17 x 13 x 10 in|
|weight||3.65 lbs||2.4 lbs||1.1 lbs|
|warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
Every cat wants their own little bubble to sleep in, and K&H creates a product that even sounds appealing for us humans to sleep in.
The K&H Manufacturing Mod Heated Cat Bed is considered one of the best of the best, and with good reasons.
Every cat wants their own little bubble to sleep in, and K&H creates a product that even sounds appealing for us humans to sleep in. The soft interior, warm but not too hot heating pad, perfect sized opening, and dark cave-like setting is pretty much how every cat wants to sleep. The pod is also reasonably sized, not too obnoxious to display in the home, and is large enough for every size cat.
If you’re still not convinced, the product also includes a 1 year warranty, so you and your cat have plenty of time to fall in love with this one-of-a-kind cat bed.
Do your cats sleep on your bed? If they do, then you know what a nuisance they can be, even if they are such small creatures.
Sure you love your cat, but that doesn’t mean you want them to love you 24/7.
Perhaps you are on the other side of the spectrum, however, and actually enjoy your kitty companion in your bed. Then you might be wondering: do you really need a cat bed?
Regardless of which side you’re on, the answer is yes. Cats need a bed to call their own.
Whether it’s a cat cave, a chic cat bed, or a round cat bed, choosing the one your cat prefers makes all the difference.
This bed also features a machine-washable cover and an extra deep sleeping surface; one perk for you, one perk for your cat.
Choosing a bed for your kitty is easy when it comes to the Snoozer Orthopedic Premium Cozy Cave Cat Bed. Sound like something you’d want to sleep on? We know.
The Snoozer is a first choice when it comes to cat beds, for several reasons. First and foremost, your cat has never felt a bed as high quality as this one, and chances are you haven’t either. The Snoozer has a microsuede exterior, with Sherpa interior. Beneath that is 3″ of orthopedic foam and 2″ of polyester batting.
Even the brass zipper is rust proof, so you’re getting high quality in every aspect of this bed. The cat bed is available in a variety of color options and 3 different sizes: small with a 25″ diameter, large with a 35″ diameter, and extra-large with a 45″ diameter.
|dimensions||19 x 15 x 17 in|
This bed also features a machine-washable cover and an extra deep sleeping surface; one perk for you, one perk for your cat. Cats can sleep for up to 16 hours a day, so wouldn’t you want to make that sleep as comfortable as possible?
The Snoozer Cat Cave quickly transforms into a safe, secure, and comfortable cat bed that your cats will prefer more than your bed. It features a thin plastic rod that lifts the top material up just a bit, so your cat can crawl right in and feel safe.
If you and your cat have been searching for the cat bed that suits you both, look no further. The Snoozer is sure to impress you both for the best night’s sleep.
Orthopedic foam means one thing: less aches and pains for your cat.
There’s no doubt that this product is a crowd pleaser, but it is important to know exactly what you are getting so that you purchase the right cat bed. The Snoozer offers comfort, quality, and care like you’ve never seen it before.
- High-quality material: You might not have ever thought to give your cat Sherpa, or memory foam, or microsuede for that matter, but why not? More sleep for them means more sleep for you, so why not give them the best stuff possible?
- Keeps cats warm: Regular cat beds keep cats away from the cold and drafty floor, but the Snoozer creates an entire Sherpa-lined cave of warmth. This is especially ideal and guaranteed to keep your cat warm even if you live in the coldest climate.
- Machine-washable: Like your bed, your cat’s bed will get dirty as well. This product makes it easy on you to keep it clean. No more hand washing and drying because the entire bed is machine washable. All you have to do is slip out the plastic rod before washing.
- Encourages burrowing: When your cat would burrow or nest deep under your bed covers or into another cat bed, they would most likely end up destroying it. The Snoozer, on the other hand, is perfectly designed for your cat to burrow and hide deep within the bed.
- Preventative care: Orthopedic foam means one thing: less aches and pains for your cat. This is especially helpful for cats with arthritis, however before your cat can even get to that point, orthopedic foam is ideal for preventative care. This bed will help your cat stay healthier in the long run.
- Preferred by cats: Everything about this bed is a cat’s dream. The soft, Sherpa and microsuede surface is perfect for kneading, the hood is ideal for burrowing and naturally piques their interest. Sure you can’t ask them if they like it, but just wait and see how much they sleep.
Although we are very confident you and your cat will love the Snoozer bed, there are a few things to consider before purchase. Like any other product, defects or disadvantages may be present for some, and it is better to know upfront.
- Hood support: Your cat will love that this bed has a hood, but over time it may seem like the hood doesn’t have enough support. The thin plastic rod within the hood is not as durable as you might expect, causing the hood to sag or droop.
- May create a mess: If you’ve ever dealt with Sherpa before, then you know it sheds. With the kneading that your cat does, that shedding will increase. Be prepared to vacuum or shake out the excess frequently.
- Higher cost: This bed is considered high-end due to its high-quality, but also high cost. If you are looking to make an investment for your cat, the cost aligns perfectly with the top-notch quality materials you get.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||Snoozer||K&H Pet Products||Kivikis|
|color||Grey||Green, brown||Green, red, grey, blue, white|
|capacity||Not specified||Not specified||Up to 26 lbs|
|dimensions||19 x 15 x 17 in||22x 22 x 12 in||17 x 13 x 10 in|
|weight||2.4 lbs||3.65 lbs||1.1 lbs|
|warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
Everything from its premium materials to its unique design were created with your cat in mind.
You want your cat’s bed to be just as special as your cat. That’s why the Snoozer Orthopedic Premium Cozy Cave Cat Bed uses only the best of the best.
Everything from its premium materials to its unique design were created with your cat in mind. Whether you are searching for warmth, interest, or the ease of keeping it clean, this cat bed has it all. Nothing says warm like Sherpa and the light hood makes it a safe and interesting space for your cat to crawl into.
Your cat loves to sleep just as much as you do (and potentially more). Treat them to a bed that they will continue to love and snooze in day and night.
You can admit it, your cat is a member of the family. All of the best pet owners treat their pets as such.
This also means that you probably talk to your cat and let them sleep in bed with you.
What many cat parents don’t know, however, is that sleeping with cats can be bad for their health, and yours.
Cats are nocturnal so their wake-sleep cycle differs from humans. Therefore sleeping with your cats could mean that you are awake throughout the night more than you should be.
If this is something you already endure, try looking for the best cat bed to save you both.
Because these beds are handmade the sizes will vary slightly, including the size of the hole, but it will fit medium-size cats.
Your cat’s choice for napping spots can seem, well, odd. They like to nestle down in a pile of clean laundry, in the sink, in a box, or even inside bags. The key is, they like to sleep inside of something.
For this reason, your cat is guaranteed to love the Kivikis Handmade Ecological Sheep Wool Cat Bed. This wool felt cat bed is shaped like an igloo with a small opening. It looks like an egg or a nest more than anything, but if you know your cat, then you know they are going to love this dark, warm, comfortable, hiding spot to sleep in.
Modern cat beds like these are hard to find, but the Kivikis is a perfect size medium, ideal for cats weighing 9 to 13 pounds. Because these beds are handmade the sizes will vary slightly, including the size of the hole, but it will fit medium-size cats.
|color||Green, red, grey, blue, white|
|capacity||Up to 26 lbs|
|dimensions||17 x 13 x 10 in|
The Kivikis felt cat cave bed is highly affordable and comes in a variety of colors including sand brown, birch green, burgundy dark, birch grey, sky blue, and snow white. This makes the bed interesting for you to look at and interesting for your cat to sleep or play in.
This wool and felt cat bed is also ideal because it is soft, but also highly durable and easy to clean. Dirt and debris can easily be wiped away with a wet cloth.
If you know your cat needs a cat bed that is covered, this handmade Kivikis product is the way to go.
Although this bed is primarily intended for sleep, your cat will definitely have some fun with it.
If you haven’t invested in a cat bed yet, then you want a product that is top-notch and guaranteed to satisfy your cat. That’s why a list of pros is always the best place to start before purchasing one.
- Unique design: From the variety of colors to its unique cave-like design, it is rare to find a bed that also matches your interior. This modern cat bed is made for your cat, but you might find that you enjoy it as an accent piece for your home, even more than your cat does.
- Easy to clean: Your cat is messy, there’s no doubt about it, but you don’t want their bed to be. Felt is an ideal material because it maintains softness no matter how many times you clean it, and dirt and debris can easily be wiped away.
- Entertaining for your cat: Although this bed is primarily intended for sleep, your cat will definitely have some fun with it. The cave is the perfect hiding spot that kitties are always in search of. So perhaps they’ll stop burrowing deep into your clean clothes or the closet.
- Soft and warm: Your cat loves to be warm and Kivikis has kept that in mind. The soft wool and felt materials are easy for your kitty to snuggle up to, while the cave-like shape traps in heat better than other, flat beds.
- Eco-friendly: It is almost as if this product gives back. Kivikis is 100% handmade, leaving a smaller footprint and making it environmentally friendly. The materials are also organic, giving you peace of mind that there won’t be any chemical-based surprises.
- Promotes cat health: Instead of risking your cat waking you up, or you rolling over and suffocating your cat while you both sleep in bed, this cat bed promotes a healthier, safer place for your cat to sleep. Plus the cave offers an anxiety and stress-reducing area of comfort for your kitty.
The Kivikis cat cave is loved by felines and their parents, but it might still have its disadvantages. Nonetheless, these drawbacks are not likely enough to dissuade you from purchasing this unique, comfortable, modern cat bed.
- Warm, not cozy: This product is warm; the felt and wool are soft to the touch, and the cave traps in heat, but it’s not necessarily cozy. There is not enough material for cats to knead and if you have a cat that likes to snuggle a little, there is no plush or cushion inside.
- Only one size: Its true medium-sized cats enjoy hiding in caves, but so do small, large, and extra-large felines. The Kivikis does not allow use for larger cats that may also enjoy the cave-like structure. The handmade aspect also does not guarantee sizing.
- Not machine-washable: Although you can easily wipe away dirt and debris from this cat cave, wiping only gets you so far. For pet owners that like to wash their cat beds regularly, this bed is unfortunately not machine washable.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||Kivikis||K&H Pet Products||Snoozer|
|color||Green, red, grey, blue, white||Green, brown||Grey|
|capacity||Up to 26 lbs||Not specified||Not specified|
|dimensions||17 x 13 x 10 in||22x 22 x 12 in||19 x 15 x 17 in|
|weight||1.1 lbs||3.65 lbs||2.4 lbs|
|warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
This cat cave is exactly what your cat has been waiting for. It’s like a play area and a bed all in one.
If you haven’t seen the Kivikis Handmade Ecological Sheep Wool Cat Bed yet, you need to. Looking at the design is part of the appeal; we’re certain you’ve never seen a cat bed like it.
This cat cave is exactly what your cat has been waiting for. It’s like a play area and a bed all in one. If there’s anything you know about your cat, it’s that they love to sleep in weird places, and this might just be the most unique place yet.
We also love that it’s handmade as well, giving it just a slightly more personal touch. With the Kivikis, you and your cat can enjoy safer and healthier sleep, which at the end of the day just means you have a happier (and less temperamental) kitty companion.
If you refer to your cat as a little King, Prince, Princess, or Queen, then you’re likely searching for a cat bed fit for royalty.
In other words, luxury cat beds. While you may not be able to find a kitty palace, you could come close.
The closest thing to a cat bed palace is, of course, a cat bed teepee.
Cats like to hide. Small spaces make them feel safe and conserve their body heat in case of potential threats. While there isn’t anything threatening in your home, this instinct is hard to break.
If you want your cat to feel right at home, an enclosed cat bed is just the thing.
It is hard to find cute cat beds, but this teepee is sure to update and match any décor, making your home and your cat feel super stylish.
These days, if your kids can have a teepee, so can your cat. Teepees are surprisingly decorative and totally trending, which is why your cat needs the Little Dove Indian Teepee House Cat Bed.
This cat bed is made of 100% durable cotton canvas for the teepee and strong pine poles for support. It features a mat to go inside the teepee for your cat to lie on, which is also made of canvas. This construction makes the bed long-lasting and conveniently machine-washable.
The teepee comes in two colors and three sizes. The colors are grey or yellow, and the medium teepee measures 28″ tall, ideal for cats under 26 pounds. The small teepee measures 24″ tall and the large size measures 35″ tall. This cat bed tent is easy to assemble, take down, or store. It is easily foldable and collapsible.
|color||Green, grey, yellow|
|capacity||Up to 44 lbs|
|dimensions||24 x 24 x 28 in|
Another available feature is the Pom Pom mat which gives this bed even more of a designer, luxury feel. It is hard to find cute cat beds, but this teepee is sure to update and match any décor, making your home and your cat feel super stylish.
You may also choose to purchase this product with or without the mat and with or without a chalkboard to write a cute message or your cat’s name.
Since we know your cat loves to hide, this teepee design was meant for them. Instead of an awkward box, or oddly shaped pod, this teepee design is so chic you’ll want to display it in your home.
Canvas is a durable material, but also preferred because you can stick it directly in the washing machine, instead of having to hand wash it like most other cat beds.
You might not have ever considered a teepee cat bed for your cat, but with all the benefits it offers, you’ll be glad you did. This playful tent cat bed is as comfortable as it is decorative and Little Dove makes a durable product you can trust.
- Adorable design: You want your cat’s bed to be as adorable as your cat. That’s why they deserve a cat teepee and not just any bed. Teepees are currently in style and this one has a playful yet functional design for your cat to be both cute and cozy.
- Easy to assemble: If a tent sounds like a lot of work for a bed, you can rest assured that the Little Dove teepee is not. The pine poles are easy to assemble and take down over and over again, so if you need to move it for any reason, it is easy to do so.
- Machine-washable: The canvas exterior and optional bed mat is 100% canvas. Canvas is a durable material, but also preferred because you can stick it directly in the washing machine, instead of having to hand wash it like most other cat beds.
- Customizable: You’ll love all the options you get with the Little Dove teepee. From the colors to the sizes, and the option of having a mat or chalkboard included. If your cat is part of the family, then designing their own special pet “room” is more fun when you can customize it.
- High- quality materials: It is important to invest in a product that will outlast your cat’s sleep and playtime. There’s no doubt that your kitty will also want to play in their teepee, that’s why Little Dove uses high-quality and durable materials. The pine poles are especially durable and supportive.
- Safe design: The optional bed mat is safer for your cat because it features anti-slip rubber on the bottom. The teepee is also safe in general because the enclosed space will decrease stress and anxiety for your feline friend.
The only con you’re facing at the moment is not being able to catch some shut eye with the cat on the bed, so technically anything is better than that. The few disadvantages associated with the Little Dove teepee are not nearly worth losing any more sleep over.
- Poles move around: Although the bed mat is ideally equipped with anti-slip rubber, the teepee itself, including the pine poles, is not. This means that the tent might move around from time to time as your cat gets rowdy. This is less of a problem and more of a nuisance.
- Canvas may come apart: In some rare cases the canvas may fall apart and unravel in the washing machine. However, the solution is simple: when washing, be sure to wash the canvas on a gentle cycle only, and voila, your canvas will be durable and long-lasting.
- Less warm: This product has the safety and security aspect that your cat loves, but lacks the warm and snuggly part. The teepee itself, with or without the mat, is not very warm or snuggly. However, you can easily add your cat’s favorite blanket inside – problem solved.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||Little Dove||K&H Pet Products||Snoozer|
|color||Green, grey, yellow||Green, brown||Grey|
|capacity||Up to 44 lbs||Not specified||Not specified|
|dimensions||24 x 24 x 28 in||22x 22 x 12 in||19 x 15 x 17 in|
|weight||1.5 lbs||3.65 lbs||2.4 lbs|
|warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
This trendy teepee will look more like a piece of home decor than just a bed for your cat.
The Little Dove Indian Teepee House Cat Bed is by far the cutest you’ve seen. Its playful yet functional design encourages both relaxation and play, which ensures your cat will love their new bed and stay out of yours.
You want a cozy cat bed, but you don’t want one that sticks out like a sore thumb in your home. This trendy teepee will look more like a piece of home decor than just a bed for your cat.
The important part is not to skip a cat bed altogether. Cat beds are essential for a cat’s proper health. Although cozying up with your feline is nice, the fact is that investing in a quality bed will improve your cat’s sleep, and most of all your sleep.
Cats sure can sleep. In fact the only animals that sleep more than cats are bats and opossums.
While you love your cat, you might be slightly envious of their sleeping ability as you lay awake most of the night.
In addition to being sleepers, cats are also nocturnal. If you share a bed with your cat, they often keep you awake at night, nibbling your toes or trying to play with you at 3 a.m.
If you think about what do cats like to sleep on, you’ll likely respond with: anything. But the question is whether they are getting quality sleep.
Help you and your cat get better, quality sleep by purchasing a cat bed.
The most important part for you as a pet owner is surely that you have a washable cat bed.
Ah fleece, the simplest and best material for a cat bed. Luxurious Sherpa and wool might be nice, but when it comes down to it, you just can’t beat the soothing texture of fleece. That’s why the Mojonnie Soft Fleece Self-Warming Cat Bed is so popular with cats and cat parents.
This luxurious and cozy triangle-shaped burrow is an average cat bed size. Also considered a size medium, it is intended for cats 15 pounds or lighter. It is available in three colors; grey, light brown, and dark brown.
The Mojonnie bed is ultra-soft to the touch. It uses PP cotton and soft velvet to create an inviting texture for cats. Your cat will generate warmth immediately to feel warm safe, snug, and secure.
|capacity||Up to 15 lbs|
|dimensions||19.7 x 15.7 x 11.8 in|
The most important part for you as a pet owner is surely that you have a washable cat bed. This product is easily machine washable. The Mojonnie is also highly functional because it can serve several purposes.
First and foremost, the Mojonnie was originally created as an enclosed sleeping hideaway that is more like a cat bed cave than anything else. However if you would like to see more fun in action, this can easily transform into a cat bed mat by simply folding the bed and flattening it.
This Mojonnie product is as soft and fluffy as you can get. While it is only designed for cats, you might be wondering how to get your hands on one to better your sleep.
You’ll quickly notice high-quality and fine workmanship in every detail of this bed.
When choosing the right bed for your furbaby, there is nothing better than the best. Fortunately the Mojonnie pet bed seems to satisfy across all categories. With this product, both you and your cat will sleep happy.
- Luxuriously soft: Mojonnie knows that only luxuriously, soft goodness comes from their cat bed, so they place it in a vacuum sealed bag before use. Once removed from the bag, allow some time for the bed to become fluffy. After that it will feel like a velvety cloud.
- Multipurpose: Your cat makes a toy out of anything, so cat products that are multipurpose are highly preferred. This product doubles as a bed and a mat, depending on how your cat likes to lay or sleep. It also helps make the bed more seasonal; use the mat during the warmer months and the full bed during the colder ones.
- Perfect for burrowing: It’s no surprise that you’ve caught your cat snoozing deep within the bed sheets or buried in your laundry. Cats like to nest or burrow to feel safe and the Mojonnie bed makes it ideal for cats to do so, without damaging the bed itself.
- High-quality: You’ll quickly notice high-quality and fine workmanship in every detail of this bed. This includes precision sewing, invisible corners, clean and finished appearance, and a strong seam for anti-bite purposes. If you want a bed that will last a few years to come, this product is the answer.
- Easy to clean: Since we already know that your cat likely trails litter wherever they go, it is important that their cat bed be as easy to clean as possible. That’s why this entire bed is machine washable. All you have to do is throw it in the washing machine, and your work is done.
- Lightweight and portable: Some cat beds can be bulky making it difficult to transport them from room to room when you need to. The Mojonnie bed is lightweight and can easily be moved from room to room or wherever your cat likes to sleep.
There is nothing you won’t love about the simple design of the Mojonnie, but it is important to know that there could be a few drawbacks that can be a bit of an annoyance.
- Does not stay open: If you’re looking for a cat cave with a sturdy structure, this might not be the product for you or your pet. Although there is a tunnel built into the design, there are no reinforcements to force the opening to stay open.
- Flimsy stitching: In some rare cases, the stitching has been known to come apart from the bed. When machine washing, always be sure to use the gentle cycle. This will likely help avoid the risk of this problem altogether.
- One size: This cat bed welcomes a variety of cats, but they must be under 15 pounds. It is nice that several cats may enjoy this bed, but always difficult when manufacturers only offer one size. When it comes to buying cat beds, having a variety of sizes is useful.
|Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|brand||Mojonnie||K&H Pet Products||Snoozer|
|color||Brown, grey||Green, brown||Grey|
|capacity||Up to 15 lbs||Not specified||Not specified|
|dimensions||19.7 x 15.7 x 11.8 in||22x 22 x 12 in||19 x 15 x 17 in|
|weight||1.4 lbs||3.65 lbs||2.4 lbs|
|warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
The soft, velvety fleece creates a cozy tunnel that surrounds your cat in comfort and warmth.
This cat bed is as cozy as it gets for your kitty. The Mojonnie Soft Fleece Self-Warming Cat Bed is one of a kind, and the very kind of cat bed you need to get your cat to sleep on their own.
The soft, velvety fleece creates a cozy tunnel that surrounds your cat in comfort and warmth. This is ideal for cats that love to burrow or nest and also helps if you live in a colder climate to keep your feline friend warm. The design of this bed is simple, but the results are huge.
When it comes to buying your cat’s bed, truly it’s up to them and not you, that’s why we’re confident they’ll love the Mojonnie bed after their first snooze.
Best Cat Bed Buying Guide
The best cat bed is going to offer unrivaled safety. An enclosed bed, or cat beds cave, has high walls or a fully enclosed den that satisfies your cat’s need for security like no other bed can.
This pod style usually comes with a small hole at the entry and a softly padded interior. Cats want comfort and safety, with many instinctively burrowing into enclosed spaces. Like a box or under a blanket, an enclosed bed offers them the warmth and comfort.
Heated beds made with removable electric heaters or self-warming material are perfect for the winter months. A cat bed heated by plugging a cord into an outlet is one option, but opt for models that have chew-resistant cords and a MET mark. These have been evaluated for safety if you are concerned.
Self-heated options include models designed to reflect your kitty’s body heat back at them, providing extra warmth. Electric models are warmer but should only be used when you’re with your cat in the house.
If your cat doesn’t need more than a comfy pillow or large mat to sleep, an open cat bed may be all you need. They are the classic shape for pet beds and are wide open.
Though cats usually prefer curling up tightly, many respond well to open, or basket, beds. This simple bed type is one of the least expensive options and is great to use in the summertime when a cat may want more room to stretch out.
If your cat loves to take long naps while sprawled on a fluffy carpet or tends to lie right in the middle of the couch when it’s time to go to sleep, then try using a mat. Mats are great for cats who prefer to stretch out as they sleep.
When buying these flat beds, make sure you look for cushioned materials that are plush. These cushioned beds have high portability and can be set up just about anywhere, including in a cat cage to make travelling more comfortable.
Some pet owners like to let their cats sleep outside every now and then. Cat beds for outdoors are the perfect solution. They are designed to keep a cat secure, comfortable and most importantly, warm during the cold weather.
They should be durable, water-resistant and have a covering to keep the snow and rain off of your pet. When looking for the best cat bed for outdoors, find one that offers extra insulation or provide heating options for added warmth.
For Elevated Sleep
Does your cat love to sleep next to a window? If you want a cat bed elevated, cradles and cat perches may be what you are looking for to give them cat their best sleep.
You can find those that attach directly to the window or models that attach to cat trees and scratching posts. It’s important that they are sturdy and comfortable. If you notice that your cat sleeps on top of furniture, cat beds for windows can give your kitty the vantage point and elevation they love.
Your cat bed needs cool fabric to keep the cat from overheating. If your cat doesn’t mind synthetic materials, plush polyester is popular because it is durable and easy to clean.
Natural fabrics like organic cotton, wool, canvas and unbleached bedding make the best material for cat bed covers. They are pet-friendly, don’t bother the sensitive nose of a cat and breathe better. They are also better because they do not contain the harsh chemical odors of some synthetic materials.
There are two reasons to consider cat bed sizes: your cat’s comfort and your convenience. A bed should be big enough for the cat to stretch out freely or small enough for them to curl up around themselves safely. The average cat bed size is 18″x13″ and is usually good for most cats.
If you don’t have a lot of space in your apartment, a smaller bed will be the best choice. If you have more room, you’ll be able to think about larger options.
Ease of Cleaning
This one may be more about you than your cat, but it is still rather important since cleaning a cat bed is probably not your favorite activity. Getting a bed that is easy to clean should be a priority.
Beds with removable covers are going to be your best bet because they are usually machine washable. A machine washable product should not bleed dye so that cats are not at risk of ingesting any substances if the bed gets wet while in use.
It’s important that the mattress be ultra soft and comfortable, and provide support when necessary. Orthopedic foam provides joint support that gives cats more restorative sleep. If mattress padding is light, make sure the base is properly padded. Look for padding that has a water-resistant liner.
The best cat bed will also have anti-skid padding. If you have tile or wood floors, you want the bed to stay in place instead of scooting across the floor every time the cat moves.
The best cat bed for older cats is going to be a thicker, orthopedic bed to better support their backs and necks. The bed should be comfortable for an older, and perhaps unsteady, cat to enter it freely as well.
Older cats with mobility issues may need a bed with low entry, so they can easily step into it. These will be great for kittens too. The walls shouldn’t be so high that kittens and senior cats can’t see over the top.
Cat beds come in a ton of colors, so you can pick the color that you or your kitty loves the most. It may be a good idea, however, to stick with earth tone or dark colors.
There will be hair that adheres to the bed as the cat jumps in and out multiple times a day. Darker colors or patterned cat beds help to hide the loose fur. Stains will also be easier to hide until it is actually time to wash the entire bed.
Your cat spends most of its day sleeping; that means this bed is going to get a lot of use. A cat bed of wicker has durable construction. Look for beds that are resistant to stains and odors and don’t attract all the cat hair in the world.
When it comes to cover materials, look for those that have a tight weave or are tear-proof and can withstand cat claws, especially kneading claws. These will also withstand frequent vacuuming and spot cleaning.
The design of a bed can offer a variety of sleep positions. Some oval beds are nest-like, with high walls and a large entry opening that make a cat feel secure while still giving it supreme access.
Look for cat beds designed with multiple nooks for your cat to nestle into. Cat beds designed to mold to a cat’s shape give more flexibility to how your cat sleeps, and some box-shaped models are fitted with a bed inside as well as one on top for cozy or open-air sleeping.
There are some days when your cat enjoys seeing everything and everyone, and then there are days when it wants to burrow in and hide. There are many cat beds that offer useful 2-in-1 features.
Detachable canopies and igloo-like covers offer a cat more private accommodations, particularly when it is cold outside. Snap-on fasteners can transform a cat bed into a cool mat just by unbuttoning it. The best cat bed will offer versatility for your cat’s sleeping habits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my cat need a cat bed?
Cats will sleep wherever and whenever they want. You’ll find them in trees, in chairs or on your bed. They look for convenient, comfortable places, but the problem is every place they sleep may not be convenient to you.
Cat beds give them a warm, comfortable space for sound sleeping. It also keeps dander and hair away from you and the furniture. While your cat may not need their own bed, it makes your life easier and your living space cleaner.
What’s the best way to get a cat to use their bed?
Sometimes it takes a little bit more than a soft and comfortable bed to make a cat use it. They can still be rather reluctant. With some simple steps, however, your cat will be using its new bed in no time.
The first thing you want to do is choose the right spot to place the bed. Put it in an area that your cat often frequents. Then offer treats and praise them when they are inside or on the bed.
Why did the cat stop using the bed?
There are a couple of reasons a bed may no longer suit your cat’s purposes and it’s your job to figure out what is going on. Make sure it’s clean. Beds that have stains, lots of fur and strange smells are not appealing to a cat.
If the lining or the padding is clumpy and not well distributed, this could also make the bed less desirable. Add extra padding like a blanket, or fluff the mattress and padding.
Where should the bed be placed?
The best place for the cat bed would be somewhere in your house that it away from foot traffic and partially hidden from view. Placing the bed behind a curtain, beside a chair or under a table are great places.
If your cat likes high places, put the bed on top of a cabinet, bookcase or dresser. It is also a huge bonus if you can find a spot that is close to a source of warmth, like the radiator or sunlight.
How to clean a cat bed?
Keeping a cat’s bed clean is one of the most important things you can do to keep your cat happy. Most beds are machine washable. If you have a smaller bed, the whole thing can be washed and dried, just make sure to read the directions.
Larger beds usually have removable covers that can be throw in the wash. It’s a good idea to have a spare cover so your cat isn’t without his favorite spot if you can’t do the wash immediately. You can also hand wash or vacuum for spot cleaning.
- Orthoderm Cat Bed, Orthoderm Therapy Bed, & Orthoderm Convertible, AbleData, Jun 1, 2008
- Sustainable Cat Bed Design Contest, University of Denver, Sep 22, 2017
- How a DIY Pet Bed can Reduce "Carbon Pawprint", Penn State, May 1, 2015
- Feline Behavior Problems: House Soiling, Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Jan 1, 2015
- Why Does My Cat Pee On The Bed? An Exploration of Feline Behavior, Sheridan College, Feb 15, 2018
- Animal furniture, Wikipedia
- The Best Cat Beds (According to Our Cats) for 2018, The Wirecutter, Apr 26, 2018
- Best Cat Beds for 2018, The Spruce Pets, Nov 22, 2018
- Cat Beds, Wayfair
- Cat Bed & Carriers, Target